3 weeks post op - why is my left one so different than the right? Do I need revision surgery? Help! (photos)

3 weeks post op lift and implants. I was asymmetrical before I had this done and I was hoping it would be corrected. My left one is facing more towards the side than the right one and it is much smaller. How do i fix this? 470cc in both breasts.

Sisters

Sister not twins. They were significantly different to start with and look much better.

Be patient, it's only been a few weeks.

Best.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Thanks for your question and for the photos.

Breasts are sisters, not twins.  Preoperatively, you had significant asymmetries so they will still have some postoperativley.  The symmetry depends on the chest wall and make up of the breasts themselves.  You are still very early in the recovery phase so you will see changes continuing for the first 6 months as the implants settle and the skin accomodates.  Try to relax and not stress over them.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast surgery

you are very early . you need to relax. it will take 6 months before you see the final result. breasts are never the same. they are sisters not twins. looks like a very reasonable result right now

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry?

At 3 weeks post op there still can be some swelling as well as some differences in the tension of the muscle.  This will even out over a few months. Be patient.  From your photographs, in my opinion, your surgeon hit a home run. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

It is impossible to make the two breasts exactly the same. They look pretty close and are still healing. Good luck.

Breast asymmetry

All breast have left to right differences before and after surgery. You are very early in the healing and settling process. Allow time and keep close follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon