3 days after Voluma to balance out asymmetry, which is looking worse than ever. Any suggestions? (photos)

3 days ago had volumato balance out asymmetry. Dr though asymmetry came from my temple, dr said under cheekbone. used one syringe only on one side. i feel too much product was used on that one side and althoughswelling came down i can tell that fillng under my cheekbone was not the answer. he injected deep. whole syringe. can i dissolve it without permanent damage? ihow long will it take?

Too soon to judge

It is really too soon to judge your results. I would suggest that you wait at least 4 weeks for all of the swelling to subside. If, at that point, you are still not happy with your results, then schedule an appointment to see your surgeon and discuss whether or not it makes sense to dissolve the filler.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma Results and Happiness

I suggest waiting 2-3 weeks before deciding on the final outcome.  The filler can be reversed with hyaluronidase.  Best, Dr. Emer.

3 days after voluma

While many patients love voluma immediately others need a couple of weeks to allow the voluma to settle. I think it depends on your anatomy and also whether there is bruising more deeply that isn't evident at the skin level.  I would wait to see if you start liking the result more, and it is completely safe to wait to have it dissolved. The dissolving works just as well immediately or months later. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Voluma to balance out Asymmetry

Using Voluma to balance out asymmetry is an advanced injector technique.  At this point there is still swelling from the injections and it would be best to wait two full weeks.  If you still are unhappy you should have Vitrase injected to dissolve the Voluma.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photos
I agree that you have lost the contour of your cheek bone by filling along the bottom edge of it. As a result, you have a rounding effect which has obscured your cheek hollow and not resulted in the symmetry you were hoping to achieve. Fortunately, Voluma is a hyaluronic acid which can be dissolved with Vitrase. This is a painless procedure that usually requires one treatment and works within 24 hrs. If there is any adjacent HA that will dissolve as well. I would recommend dissolving the product and waiting few days to reach a baseline. At that point I would reassess your face and most likely add Volume to your right temple. You have great facial shape and this should look terrific.
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD