Is 280g enough of a breast reduction to make a difference in comfort and appearance?

I just had a breast reduction 1 week ago & am feeling discouraged with the results. I am petite: I wanted to go down to a 28DD (equiv. to a 32C) from a 28G (equiv. to 32F). When I held some of my old 28F bras up to my chest, I was dismayed to see the cups actually fit! That would be 2 sizes larger than I asked for and barely smaller than where I started. I have had the drains in for about a week, so I doubt there could be THAT much swelling. I'm very worried that I made a mistake.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
1 week after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Breast reductoin

You would have to have been seen in person before surgery to get a feel for what could be possible for you.  280 gms per side is not a large breast reduction in a large person.  Right now though, you have swelling so you have to give yourself time to heal.