Is 280g enough of a breast reduction to make a difference in comfort and appearance?

I just had a breast reduction 1 week ago & am feeling discouraged with the results. I am petite: I wanted to go down to a 28DD (equiv. to a 32C) from a 28G (equiv. to 32F). When I held some of my old 28F bras up to my chest, I was dismayed to see the cups actually fit! That would be 2 sizes larger than I asked for and barely smaller than where I started. I have had the drains in for about a week, so I doubt there could be THAT much swelling. I'm very worried that I made a mistake.

1 week post op, some advices:

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
1 week after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Lipo-lift, breast lift, breast reduction, mastopexy, benelli, augmentation mastopexy

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. This is one of the most patient pleasing operation we perform.  You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

In other words, it is much too early to tell.  My best advice: rest,  recover, and exercise patience.    In the long run, once patients have adjusted physically and psychologically to their new body image, the vast majority of patients are very pleased.

Breast reductoin

You would have to have been seen in person before surgery to get a feel for what could be possible for you.  280 gms per side is not a large breast reduction in a large person.  Right now though, you have swelling so you have to give yourself time to heal.