23 year old female measuring 170cm and weighing 176 pounds. Have really large thighs. Can I expect a drastic change?

I have really large thighs (both inner and outer and also the front area). always been a problem and I see no change no matter what I do. I consulted a surgeon and he suggested that I get my hips done too to maintain proportion. He said he will do it on gen anesthesia. I just want to know how much difference I can expect. Can I ask my surgeon to give me a drastic change of look? Also I asked lipo for my arms and he said that there won't be much weight out of the arms after lipo. What does that mean

Can I expect a drastic change?

Greetings
Thank you for your questions, the best is to consult a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area one on one consultation is the best. For dramastic change it might not be possible as during liposuction not much fat can be removed at once you most improvement might come after the operation when you will have to do fitness and also follow instructions to your surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuction of hips and arms

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Without a photo, one can only give general advice -
  • At your weight, if your legs are disproportionately large, liposuction will improve your proportions.
  • The weight will return to new areas if you do not lose about 10 pounds after surgery.
  • To know what to expect, see your surgeon and have her/him show you on your pre-op photos what a reasonable expecation will be.
  • As for your arms, it sounds as though your surgeon thinks there is little fat to remove.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction of the thighs

You would have to be seen in person to determine whether or not you are a good candidate.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

How effective is liposuction?

Every area of the body is different; you can be a fantastic candidate for thigh liposuction whereas the arms may not show an appreciable difference.  It's near impossible to comment on whether you should liposuction your hips as well without photos. The goal in any liposuction is to achieve the best change possible while not being overly aggressive to the point that the procedure could result in skin sagging. This is particularly important in the thigh region.  In actuality, liposuction does not remove much on the weight side but is a body contouring or shaping procedure.Best wishes,Dr Kraft

Liposuction

If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then liposuction should definitely address the problem. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon