23 Days Post-Op Tumescent Liposuction of Neck. 29 Years Old. Ideal BMI. Will I see more results? (photos)

My experience in general was wonderful. Procedure completed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 3 access points made: behind the ears and underneath chin. 23 cc's removed. Went to 1 week post-op: surgeon agreed that no visible changes yet seen, but to remain patient and optimistic about final result. Compression garment worn 24/7 for 1 week and nightly ever since. Just began gentle massages. I am just skeptical that I will see much more improvement. What do you think?

Results

You still have swelling that will take time to go away, Plus your skin will slowly tighten as you heal. You will be able to see more of your final results in 4 to 5 months.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

How Long Until Final Results Can Be Seen After Submental Liposuction?

You are essentially three weeks post surgery.  You are 29, and not severely overweight, so you should continue to see improvement in your submental area and neck over time.  We generally tell our patients not to expect to see a final result until about 6 months after liposuction.  I do agree that it is a good idea for you to continue to wear your compression garment nightly for several more weeks.  

You say you have an "ideal BMI", but you don't state what that is, or your height or weight. You may also be able to augment and sharpen the results you can see from your liposuction by losing an additional 10-15lbs of weight.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

Takes time

Results will generally get better for about 3 months or so. There is still time for improvement in your chin.

Post Tumescent Lipo Results-Neck Laxity--Kybella, VASER Lipo, ThermiRF, Thermage/Ultherapy, Fillers like Radiesse/Sculptra

It can take up to 3-4 months to see your final result. If you prefer more contouring, in my practice we combine VASER with ThermiRF, Kybella and Ultherapy. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lipo of neck

It can take several months for the skin to settle down and for the swelling to subside.  Good luck with your results.

23 Days Post-Op Tumescent Liposuction of Neck. 29 Years Old. Ideal BMI. Will I see more results?

It will take up to 3 to 4 months to fully visualize your results. I have personally had liposuction and found this to be true in my own case. The patient and continue to follow up with your surgeon.