I'm 20. What are these lines and how can i fix them? (photo)

Why do i have these lines on my cheek? I have them for almost a year now. And is there a way to fix them without surgery? They appear as deeper lines on some lightning but they are invisible in other mirrors. I feel like my skin is saggy. It makes me really depressed and stressed.

May be allergies

As a facial plastic surgeon with training in otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat), I would first make sure that the folds are not due to a medical cause such as allergies.  At your stated age, you should not be experiencing saggy skin. These changes typically occur closer to 30 years of age. The sagginess you are feeling may be due to fluid retention. Allergies often involve the eyes and swelling around the eyes. If this were a genetic problem, you would mostly have had these lines since you were a child. You may consider being evaluated and treated with allergies. For treatment of that specific area, you may want to try some medical grade skin care products that can help draw fluid out and firm the skin around the eyes. If this area persists, fillers may be able to support the cheek and prevent this "folded" appearance. I would definitely seek evaluation by a facial plastic surgeon who has the knowledge to determine possible medical causes and for proper placement of the filler. If placed above the crease, it could possibly make the appearance worse.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. Voluma is a great option for adding volume to your cheeks and, with your posting here in the eyelid section, there are plenty of hydraulic acid fillers that can dissipate the appearance of eyelid bags. I suggest that you consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Festoons and Malar mounds

Dear Patient from NYC,It seems from your photos that you have developed malar mounds and/or eyelid festoons.These tend to have a basis in past sun exposure but some cases develop genetically.There aren't great non surgical methods to correct this condition. I have had success using lasers to tighten the skin from the outside and flatten the swelling there.Consider seeing an Oculoplastic Surgeon in your area for evaluation. I hope this was helpful. 

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek fulness can be improved with fillers

I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi, thanks for sharing photos.  The "bags" you have probably can be improved with fillers. Of course, an in person examination is necessary to say for sure. There are times when the fullness requires advancement of tissue towards the temples, and sometimes, towards the lower lids-these surgeries usually are necessary in older patients with more skin laxity.  Be sure to consult with an ABPS certified PS for a thorough examination.  Good luck!

Under Eye "Bag" Treatment Options

Thank you for your question! It is unfortunately sometimes difficult to make any recommendations based off of photos. That being said, you are still what I would consider "too young" to be a surgical candidate for eyelids/bags. You do, however, have options for treatment until you are "ready" for surgery if you are still interested in doing so. My first recommendation would be to consult with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon's office to discuss your goals, treatment options, and to be fully assessed in person. You may also benefit from hyaluronic acid fillers if your provider feels this is something that could help you after assessment. I hope this is helpful to you!
Be well,Dr. Todd Hobgood, MDtoddhobgood.com

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

This is a mid cheek fold.

This is likely a genetic issue.  A small amount of hyaluronic acid filler makes a profound difference of these issues.  The key is finding the right injector for this.  Treatment last well over a year for someone your age.

Cheek Lines

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  The lines that you see are completely normal for your age.  Sometimes we can be our own worst critic.  I don't think there is any treatment that you need, but if you're interested to discuss things further you can schedule a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon