20 days post rhino, can't breath, pain in the nose, acne on the forehead, upper lip, and around the nose area. Is it normal?

I underwent a rhinoplasty about 20 days ago, while I am happy with the results, asthmatically, I am having a difficultly understanding a couple of issues. I still feel pain in my nose, inside and outside, and I can't breath. most of the time, even though I use saline spray as recommended (3 times a day). Immediately after the surgery, small, white and red acne appeared on my forehead, my upper lip and around the nose area. I have never had an acne problem until now, and I am 33 years old.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Rhinoplasty recovery

Acne after nasal surgery is actually fairly common and can be due to irritation from the manipulation of the skin, or a reaction to the dressings used afterwards. Pain and discomfort can last for weeks and sometimes months. Swelling can often make it hard to breathe but you may also have blood clots or other debris inside that need to come out. I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an exam. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist