2 months post labiaplasty and worse than before - need advice. (Photo)

The photos speak for themselves but reallly I would have thought at this point it would look better however most concerning is now there are three sets of labia and even more skin - should I get correction? Please advice, the doctor who did this is not answering my emails.

Yet another Botched Labiaplasty by an inexperienced surgeon. Why don't women do research BEFORE they are botched..?

To be blunt: You were BOTCHED by a surgeon who didn't have a clue about the "rules" for successful labiaplasty. Was this your "general gynecologist?? Anyone who has their "general gyn do their surgery, especially if (s)he offers to do it "under insurance" is a fool and will end up paying double for a revision.  This time around, find a REAL SURGEON who has an good reputaion as a real Female Genital Plastic/Cosmetic Surgeon, as evidenced by a website with at least 25-50 "before & after" photos and evidence that he or she has researched and lectured in the field. Go see Marco Pelosi III in Bayonne, N.J., Kevin Jovanovic in NYC, or Rob Jason in NYC & out on the Island. Ed Jacobsen in Connecticut is fine as well-- all these good docs are in your area. ** A hint: with your present "wierd anatomy" MAKE SURE (!) you see a surgeon who is facile in BOTH V-wedge and linear/trim procedures, so (s)he can choose the best for your difficult anatomic reality. A good result CAN be accomplished, but it will take a real artist who can see past any specific technique and has the experience to be an artist and design a procedure specifically for you. This may mean travelling if you can't find anyone in your area who is skilled at both procedures (this is in my opinion very important!)

Bad choice the first time, BUT-- you have plenty of tissue left for an real expert to help you to "...look pretty!! The weblink attached will help, but also look at the Blog that tells the differences between V-wedge & linear techniques...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Wedge

It looks like you had a wedge technique done. Swelling is normal even now so wait a good 3 months before you make an assessment. You may need a revision at that time if you're still unhappy.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Labiaplaty reconstruction

As the inventor and innovator of the wedge technique in 1994, I reconstruct many women who have had labia reductions by other surgeons, both wedge and trimming techniques. You have enlarged labia and clitoral hood with irregular, scalloped labial edges. Your upper labia and frenula are also disconnected from the normal anatomy. However, no attempt to revise your labia should be done until you are at least five months after your past procedure as your appearance will improve, and the swelling will be less. You need to control your anxiety and wait. The reconstruction is much more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about four years ago. You will need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance . I probably would recommend multiple wedge excisions to reduce your labia and reconnect your upper labia and clitoral hood. I would also excise the excess sides of your clitoral hood.  You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Gary J. Alter, M.D. 

Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NYC

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labiaplasty 2 month post op

Thanks for sharing.   I am continuously amazed at the number of patients on this website who get labiaplasties by surgeons who are obviously inexperienced.  Your surgeon obviously did not know what he/she is doing.  This is not your fault, you were sold a bill of goods by a surgeon who is obviously incompetent.  The good news is it barely looks like he did a whole lot and there is plenty of tissue left over to revise.   The bigger problem with most botched surgeries is when the labia has been completely removed.  You really ought to count your blessings as your got lucky and your surgeon wasn't aggressive.  At least you can be revised.   I agree with others on this site a revision will be needed.   I would recommend a labia minora reduction, lateral prepuce reduction and a frenulectomy.  If you are going to get another surgery choose a surgeon who has experience in botched/revision labiaplasty surgery.  If they are revision specialists they should have multiple examples on their website displaying their work or your should be able to contact them for photos of their work.  I have been performing revision surgeries for more than 20 years and will encourage you to choose a surgeon with experience, expertise, and a great reputation for revision surgery.  You were given a second chance - you ought to feel fortunate,please do not make the same mistake a second time, you may not get a third chance. Don't let location and costs sway your decision to remain in New York for your surgery.  Make sure your next surgeon will give you a guarantee that if you still are asymmetrical after the next surgery or your labia are still too long and IF they can be reduced that your surgeon will take you back to surgery without charging you more money for a 2nd revision surgery.  Best of luck in your care -- make a wise decision.  

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai 

Labial tissue all over the placed after botched wedge labiaplasty

You need a major revision. The clitoral hood has excessive tissue around both sides, the labia minora are distorted and twisted. Luckily, there is plenty of tissue to work with. I don't think that a surgeon who would produce this type of result has the skill, experience or knowledge to help you. Wait six months before seeking out an expert revision and bring a copy of your before photos to the consultation.

2 months post labiaplasty and worse than before - need advice.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  As your surgeon does not appear willing to help I would advise you to see a labiaplasty specialist in your area who can provide you with the best treatment options at a revision procedure.  You have excess and redundant labia minora, clitoral hood and frenulum tissues that can be reduced in order to yield a smoother appearance for you. Hope this helps.