18 months after rhinoplasty and I'm considering a revision surgery. (photo)

18 months after I'm concerned that the procedure was too conservative. I wonder whether to consult for a revision or wait another 6 to 12 months. The tip is squeezable and bendable, so it appears that there isn't a large amount of swelling. I'm happy with the profile, but not with the all-over shape of the front and the amount of cartilage giving it a round and undefined look. Am I being too picky, or are there grounds for revision?

18 months after rhinoplasty and I'm considering a revision surgery.

When patients are considering a revision rhinoplasty, is best to seek out in-person consultation, since revision rhinoplasty is more difficult than primary rhinoplasty. This is due to the fact that there's scar tissue present  and previous alterations to the anatomy. In addition, a full set of facial photographs are required to make any determination about a very difficult procedure. Look for a surgeon who has dedicated a significant component of their practice to the discipline rhinoplasty and performs them often on a weekly basis. 

Most likely....

...your tip remains a bit full....although symmetrical, your tip defining points are a bit wide which makes your appearance a bit full and lacking definition....on profile, you project a bit prominently in the lower 1/2....provided that your vestibular skin is soft and pliable, a revision for tip definition and a bit less projection is likely possible

Good luck... 

Rhinoplasty revision

Your tip may be able to be defined a bit more with surgery.  If your tip is soft at this point, a revision is certainly possible.

Room for progress

I do think your tip can be refined and shaped a bit more. After 18 months, you should have no problems with residual swelling. Good luck. MG

Marcelo Ghersi, MD