18 months after rhinoplasty and I'm considering a revision surgery. (photo)

18 months after I'm concerned that the procedure was too conservative. I wonder whether to consult for a revision or wait another 6 to 12 months. The tip is squeezable and bendable, so it appears that there isn't a large amount of swelling. I'm happy with the profile, but not with the all-over shape of the front and the amount of cartilage giving it a round and undefined look. Am I being too picky, or are there grounds for revision?

Revision rhinoplasty

At 18 months you should be far enough out from the initial surgery  to undergo revision rhinoplasty.  Your tip does seem to be  full and this could be refined and narrower.  It does not appear that she would have too thick of skin but this would have to be verified with an in office exam.

Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

18 months after rhinoplasty and I'm considering a revision surgery.

When patients are considering a revision rhinoplasty, is best to seek out in-person consultation, since revision rhinoplasty is more difficult than primary rhinoplasty. This is due to the fact that there's scar tissue present  and previous alterations to the anatomy. In addition, a full set of facial photographs are required to make any determination about a very difficult procedure. Look for a surgeon who has dedicated a significant component of their practice to the discipline rhinoplasty and performs them often on a weekly basis. 

Most likely....

...your tip remains a bit full....although symmetrical, your tip defining points are a bit wide which makes your appearance a bit full and lacking definition....on profile, you project a bit prominently in the lower 1/2....provided that your vestibular skin is soft and pliable, a revision for tip definition and a bit less projection is likely possible

Good luck... 

Most likely....

Good luck... 

Rhinoplasty revision

Your tip may be able to be defined a bit more with surgery.  If your tip is soft at this point, a revision is certainly possible.

Rhinoplasty revision

Room for progress

I do think your tip can be refined and shaped a bit more. After 18 months, you should have no problems with residual swelling. Good luck. MG

Room for progress