1 week after TT in DR. Wound opened. (photo)

Doc says it's ok and prescribed wound cream for it. How long will it take to heal? And does it look ok? Should I be doing something else to help it?

Open wound after Tt

The scar seems to be very vertically oriented and may just be superficially separated, but I agree that a very tight garment may cause problems with wound healing. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon i your area for advice as infection can be an issue when in a foreign country and the pathogens are different!!

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Doesn't look like opening!

thanks for the question. Looking at your picture, it doesn't look like opening of the wound but an abrasion from the  pressure garment and seems superficial. The treatment given to you is perfect but try to keep it covered until it heals and make sure your  pressure garment is not too tight and rubbing against the suture line as the area is numb initially any injury is not perceived. It looks superficial and daily cleaning and dressing will heal it up fast probably by 2 weeks but please consult your PS!

Monisha Kapoor, MBBS, MS, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Medical tourism

Now you see why you should have had your surgery done here so you could just call your doctor up and go see him and find out what is best. Good luck. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Open wound after TT

Thank you for your question and photographs.It is important to listen to the advice of your surgeon. I would follow his post-operative care protocols, keep applying the cream as directed and keep the wound clean to prevent infection. If the wound opens more or you develop a fever, unusual discharge, foul odor or the skin is hot to touch then I would contact your surgeon immediately for an examination as this could be sign of infection or complication with the wound. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photo. It is very important to consult directly with your surgeon so that he/she can inform about actions that need to be taken. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Antibiotic creams will help

The openings look small in the photos and creams are a good answer for now.  More opening  of the wound will be more concerning and you are still early in the recovery.