1 Month Post Brazilian Butt Lift - Painful Large Hard Lump - Moderate Fever. Any suggestions?

Hello - I had a Brazilian Butt Lift by Board Certified Dr. 1 month ago. I developed a large hard lump that gets softer when massaged, & warm compress (as per Dr. who looked at today.) No sign of infection. Felt hot tonight and have 101 fever. Could be unrelated. No Redness or sign of infection at site. Don't want to call Dr. for 3rd time. Do I have anything to worry about?

Lump after BBL

You are doing the right thing by following closely with you surgeon. It may be an infection or fat necrosis. Because of the change in you situation, you are best to call your doctor.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fever of 101 = call your doctor

Hello and thank you for your question.  A fever of 101 degrees should not be taken lightly.  Please call your physician. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Call your doctor

When you have a post operative question, I always want my patients to call me, no matter how often or how trivial you may think it is, you should ask your doctor.