I Did Two Procedures of Miradry and It Didn't Give Me Effective Results? What Are the Possibilities?

The first procedure is done at a level 2. It didn't change anything, perhaps helped a little bit but I was moist/wet still, probably about the same as before the procedure. The second procedure is done at level 3, seven weeks later and it still didn't change anything. This was a lot more painful and I at least expected it to work completely, if not a huge improvement but still nothing. ?? On the day of, my arms were very dry but the next day, it became moist again. ??

More optimal results are now standard under the newest protocol

The newest protocol, with tumescent anesthesia, allows almost every patient to have their treatment at level 5.  For most patients, this results in enough reduction in sweating that they are happy.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Miradry treatment for the underarms

Our office specializes in Miradry treatments and we titrate the power level of the Miradry to each patient. You had two conservative treatments that may not have been enough for your sweating problem. You may need to consider Miradry at a higher intensity if appropriate. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Miradry treatment for the underarms

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

MiraDry

miraDry at level 5 is reaaly the new standard.  The new tumescent protocol makes this possible.  Let us know if we can help in any way.

MiraDry

Miradry results

Sorry to hear about your less than optimal results from your two miraDry treatments so far.  MiraDry has been shown to reduce armpit sweating by approximately 86% in the majority of patients.  It seems that you may be one of the few outlier patients who unfortunately does not respond to that degree.  Although it may not be possible to determine the exact cause of your non-response, contributing factors may include the treatment template (map) used on your armpit, method of anesthesia, the treatment level selected and skill of the physician performing your procedure.  Options to help you achieve better control of your sweating include a third treatment (at a higher level) or adding Botox injections.

Miradry results

MiraDry Outlier - Options

MiraDry is an effective method to reduce axillary sweating.  You may need more energy to see if there is an effect or consider Ultherapy if you are looking for an off-label use of the device.  They also have some good pre-clinical results.  However, if you want something definitive and would consider surgery, than axillary shaving of the sweat glands made through a small hole in the armpit skin is a highly effective way of surgically removing the sweat glands.  I hope this helps.

MiraDry Outlier - Options

Need another round of miraDry .. at level 5 or Ultherapy

You are an outlier - that means that you fall out of the norm from most individuals that have the miraDry procedure. I recommend a third round by the same treating physician at level 5 - if this does not work, then I recommend that you either get repeated Botox injections until something better comes up or 'off label' use of Ultherapy (Ulthera). Or, you can wait until Ulthera get formal FDA approval. Suction curettage is another option but it would also have low success given the fact that you have had the miraDry procedures, which cause fibrosis and scarring. This is not an easy one.

Results After miraDry

Dear Jea New,

miraDry typically eliminates about 50% of underarm sweating after one treatment and 85% after two treatments. Unfortunately, individual results may vary, and it sounds like you may be an outlier.

I would suggest that you see an experienced hyperhidrosis and miraDry provider. Additional miraDry treatments, perhaps at a higher level, may be worth considering.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Results After miraDry

Dear Jea New,

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD