Is permalip going to give me desired results? (Photo)

I know that none can tell me for sure before seeing me in person, but do you think that Permalip will give me lift of my upper lip amd volume, more teeth show? I do not think I am candidate for lip lift since it is less then 2cm between my nose and upper lip, but I need a lot more volume, pout and curl. Do you think Permalip will do the thing or is it going to look like a sausage? Please help.

Permalip Lip Implant for Lip Augmentation

Yes, the Surgisil Perma Lip Implant can give excellent results in skilled hands.  I have attached web reference photos for your review.

To know if this might be right for you, see two or more experienced, licensed and certified providers for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have the procedure.

The Permalip

Permalip is a silicone based lip implant that has a CE mark in Europe and as best as I can tell, is not FDA approved in the US. So first, you need to find out for sure whether this product can be injected in the US, and if not FDA approved, I would be very careful here. I would suggest a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to find out the best treatment options for you.

We usually recommend a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane (now available is Restylane Kiss for the lips) or Belotero for the lips, as these give the most natural results.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Permalip

While Permalip can give a nice result by an experienced facial plastic surgeon, injectable fillers such as Juvederm are often much more customizable to your face. I generally recommend these injectable fillers. Over time, they last a long time and can be maintained with a yearly injection and also placed as you age, in the appropriate spot. While Permalip is reversible and can be removed, which is to its credit, we know that the face and lips change over time and that facial implants need to be removed as we age and the implant no longer looks ideal. My advice would be to seek out an injectable specialist first before trying a more invasive Permalip implant, but if you do choose the Permalip, make sure that the physician is specialized in lip implants so that you get the best result. Best of luck.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Permalip versus Fillers

The shape of the lip changes as we age and I try to discourage my patients from having permanent lip implants because of this.  I would recommend having something like Retylane or Juvederm injected into your lips so that you can appreciate the changes it will make to your face and make sure that you are happy with the results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lip injections for the best cosmetic results.

The implant is tapered at the ends, and if placed correctly by someone who does a lot of these I would think it should like nice, no sausage look.  As you stated these comments are without seeing you and no physical examination.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills PLastic Surgery

Lip implants can help lips look fuller and sexy.

Lip implant are easy to put in and take out. Cost is roughly $1500-2000 each and can really help your lips look fuller. You don't usually get more teeth to show but you do get more attractive lips. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon