Is it possible to remove Butt implants and do a fat transfer to the capsule that the implant was in? (photo)

I don't like the shape that this oval implant has given me. I am 5,10inches and weight 74kg. I initially wanted just a fat transfer so that I can get more shape on my hips and just a little bit of projection. I didn't want this projection, I wanted my bum to blend more with my thighs but as you can see from the photos my butt literally comes out from the thigh. A doctor convinced me that implants would give a good result. What I want to know is, can I take out implant and put fat in the capsule?

Redo butt implants

Dear Ana,

Thanks for submitting your pictures and sorry for your disappointing result.  Are your implants intra muscular ?  From my experience, that shape of your butt is typical of intra muscular technique. Rather than removing the implants all together, which will bring you back to the unhappy shape and size of your butt from before surgery, I would recommend a better option for you.  Redo the procedure in the sub fascial technique with larger oval round  (565 cc or 660 cc) , which will give you nice 'S' curve, nice full projection and a natural looking butt.

As far as fat injection to the butt (BBL), it is a waste of time and money , because the fat disappears completely or almost completely within few months or even sooner. I have seen it on many patients who came to my surgery center for butt implants surgery, after their big and costly disappointment from the fat injection procedure that was done by other surgeons (I do not do BBL).

Think about it this way, Ana. If fat injection would have been consistent and reliable, most women would have preferred it for breasts augmentation over breasts implants. The reality is that breasts augmentation with implants is the number one cosmetic surgery in the US... Fat injection to the butt does not work !

As you can see, not all results are the same because there are different techniques and different implants. Also, experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely, even if it means going out of state. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with natural look.

Dr Widder

Implant removal

You are probably better off to remove the implants and allow the pockets to close down and heal and then return several months later to place the fat.