I want a breast enlargement! Would i need a uplift? (photo)

Breast lift with augmentation

A breast lift would give a more youthful shape to the breast and address the excess skin you have. A breast augmentation alone would only address the volume loss. You would get the best result with a breast lift and augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Good luck.

Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes #realself

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size Increase and Lift

A Breast Lift in adtdition to Implants may be helpful to support the weight of the implants.
Getting #BreastImplants without a #BreastLift is usually said to be mistake by many patients who reflect back on the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Additionally, an implant with lift may be useful to re-position the nipples which may have been affected by #ptosis or drooping. One of the primary intentions of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis). Both procedures can typically be done together in the same surgery.

Lift with Implants

Based on your photo it appears you would benefit from a lift with implants.  This will give you the best cosmetic result.  Discuss your options with your surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

BA with or without lift

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, I recommend you soft cohesive silicone implants about 350 cc's you will look pretty and they will be perky.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I want a breast enlargement! Would i need a uplift?

From your photos- it appears that you would benefit from a mastopexy with implants. In my opinion, this combination will give you the best looking breasts

Breast augmentation #breastimplants #breastsurgery #breastlift #beauty #tuberousbreasts

Dear char6655

Thank you for your question and photo!  The technical challenge to give you the beast shape is getting the nipple /areola placed properly ( pointing straight ahead and not down) - this will affect implant size selection and placement in relation to the muscle.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photo.  It appears that you would achieve the best result by undergoing a full breast lift with implants.  Be sure that you are seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to confirm this though.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Likely to need lift

Breast implants are likely to enhance your upper breast but you will still have your lower breast falling.
Lifting the lower breast to match the enhanced and augmented upper breast should please you more.

Breast lift

It looks like you need a lift along with the implants. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Yes, Breast Lifting is Necessary…

Based on your photograph, you should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Breast augmentation surgery alone will not suffice.
Ultimately, you will do well spending additional time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, questions, and concerns. In other words, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.

Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.