Asymmetrical breasts with inverted right nipple. If I put implant in my right breast,will my nipple evert?(photos)

My left breast's nipple is puffy and my right breast's is inverted but my right breast is also smaller.if have implant placed in my right breast will it evert?

Implants and nipple inversion

Absolutely NOT. In implant will not correct nipple inversion regardless of the type of implant or where it is placed. There are several different procedures to correct inverted nipples depending on how severe the inversion is.

If I put breast implants in breasts,will my nipple evert?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Inverted nipples can cause functional and body image problems for women. An inverted nipple can look flat or a slit like depression or hole at the normal nipple location. There are different degrees of inverted nipples possible.  Usually correction of the inverted nipples involve division  of the lactiferous (milk ducts). Risks  of the procedure include potential loss of sensation, inability to breast-feed, recurrence of the inversion and the potential need for further surgery. The procedure can be performed at the time of breast augmentation surgery only. 

Sometimes, breast augmentation surgery alone will suffice ( without the need for additional maneuvers to evert the nipples).

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Inverted nipple

Your nipple only looks mildly inverted and it is quite possible that the implant will push it out a bit. Best of luck.

Inverted nipple surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for inverted nipple correction surgery.  Breast augmentation can be performed at the same time if you desire or inverted nipple correction can be performed as a stand alone procedure.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Asymmetrical breasts with inverted right nipple. If I put implant in my right breast,will my nipple evert?

Breast implants can improve nipple inversion but not always. You may need different sized implants. Surgery to release inverted nipple causes significant scarring so I would recommend implants alone first.

Nipple eversion

The augment will not necessarily cause the nipple to evert. As noted, this would require a separate procedure with the issue of compromising the ability to breast feed.

Will my nipples evert?

Thanks for your question. The answer is sometimes, but not always. If you do not evert after augmentation you could have the ducts released, but this would make it unlikely for you to breast feed. Go with implants first only  if you want to be larger. 

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Inverted nipple

Sometimes, if the tension of the scar tissue around the ducks is not very great, a tight skin envelope from a breast augmentation can push the nipple outward. A small needle only procedure can sometimes be done in this situation leaving the ducts intact. The most definitive way of fixing an inverted nipple requires transection of the ducts, therefore creating the inability to breast-feed. I would recommend that you wait to have this addressed until after your childbearing years are over. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

INVERTED NIPPLES

Generally correction of inverted nipples is not recommended until you have completed having your family. Correction requires interruption of the milk ducts.  Interruption of the milk ducts will eliminate your ability to breast feed.  There will be subtle correction of the inversion with implants.  A lot depends on how shortened and tight the ducts are.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Inverted nipple correction

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate photos. You have a small  degree of them version which may get better after breast augmentation. This is especially true if you have autologous fat grafting with placement of fat on under the nipple areolar complex. Of course you would need a consultation for precise recommendations. Maybe best to delay inverted nipple correction until postop as this is something that can be done under local anesthetic if necessary.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS