Lift + Small Implants, or Lift Only? (photo)

i'm 39 years old, 5'9", 145 lbs., with a slender, athletic build. i had a breast reduction at 22 (36DDD down to a full 36C). i'm currently a very saggy, deflated 36C-34D. i'm not looking to increase my size, but would rather like to increase the volume - especially upper pole, but without looking too un-natural. would a lift + 200cc silicone moderates do the trick, or just a lift? i'm slightly afraid just a lift will leave me too small, but implants might make me too big. help! (and thanks!) :)

Lift with implants

It looks like you have glandular ptosis and need a lift with an implant. As for the volume of implant it depends upon several factors and measurements performed during an examination.

Lift Plus Small Implants

You appear to be a candidate for a lift, and small implants.  I believe this will give you the look you desire.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options, and try on sizers in the office.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Revision of a breast reduction for perkier breasts

If you are happy with your breast size then a revision of your breast reduction using the breast tissue that is below the crease to rebuild the central and superior poles would be an option.  If you want to be a bit larger then an implant would be appropriate. 

Breast Lift with Implants

Few breast lifts provide any sustained upper pole fullness. For that reason, small implants with your breast lift will produce the best long term breast shape.

Lift + small implants

Your upper poles are deflated and it is unlikely that a lift only will address this issue.  From your photos, it looks like you would benefit from a small implant (to give you upper pole fullness) in addition to a lift.  I don't think that a 200cc implant will leave you looking large or "done."

Elizabeth Kim, MD

Lift

If you do not want to be larger, it is simple--you do not need an implant.  A lift alone will do a nice job of improving your shape and will also give better upper breast fullness using your existing scars.  If you want to achieve even better upper pole fullness, an implant that has a wide enough diameter to reach to the upper pole will be necessary.  Such an implant will make you at least 1-2 cup sizes larger.  Be advised this is a more complex procedure that requires experience and an in-person consultation with a knowledgeable and skilled plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Lift with implant

This is a common question. I usually suggest adding the implant to the lift since it helps with getting younger perkier look (or as plastic surgeons say, "more superior fullness") but make sure not to get a large implant since it would lead to wound breakdown and implant loss. 

Lift and small implants

A lift may be enough to achieve what you're looking for, depending on how much fullness you want in the upper pole. If you want a lot, like the padded pushup bra you're wearing, then high profile small implants might work.

Thank you for your question .

Based on your photos  I believe you are a great candidate for a Breast Lift with Augmentation this will give you the look you desire.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Breast Lift with Implant for Breast Fullness

It’s not unusual for patients who undergo breast reduction surgery to develop recurrent breast sag and loss of upper breast fullness. This problem has the potential to adversely impact self -esteem and self- image. For this reason, many patients request revisional surgery to correct these deformities.

In most cases an isolated breast lift will correct the breast sag that has developed over the course of time. Unfortunately, this probably won’t correct the lack of upper breast fullness. In most cases a small breast implant performed in combination with a breast lift, will give the best long term results.

If you’re concerned about this type of problem, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to formulate an appropriate treatment plan.