Help! I Have Wide 'Boxy' Looking Boobs 4 Days Post-op (Breast Lift + Implants) What Could Be the Cause? (photo)

i had an anchor lift + implants on 7/17 (200cc mod+ silicone overs. 36C/D to start). 4 days post-op, the shape is very wide, very boxy at the bottom, & the nipple placement seems too low. is this normal, or is a revision in my future? my sutures will be removed 7/25. will this help the shape take better form? is there anything i can do to decrease the boxiness or will they naturally become more round in time? will my nipple placement adjust as the implants begin to settle? i'm very worried! :(

Give your breast a chance....

Give your breast a chance to heal and settle after your operation. It is way to early to make judgments regarding the final outcome. You will see significant changes in your breast shape and feel over the next several weeks and months. I know it's hard not to critique them at this point, but give them a little time. I think you are going to like the results.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Boxy looking breasts

Do not worry as you are only a short period post operative and things will improve over the next 3 months.

It is common in this type of procedure to aim for the look you have at the end of the procedure- a tight lower pole (hence the boxy look) and the nipple-areola complex a little lower than the equator of your breast mound.

As your tissues relax and gravity acts on the implant, you will find that the lower half 'bottoms out' and fills. As a result the nipple-areolas come to lie on the equator of your breasts - seeming to turn up.

Regards,

Dr Kevin Ho

Kevin Ho, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Recovery After Breast Augmentation Lifting Surgery?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedures. Based on the posted photographs, it seems to me like you have a very nice early result. Of course, it is much too early to evaluate the longer-term outcome of the procedure. I ask my patients to wait at least 3 to 6 months before doing so.

Time and patience are your best friends at this point. Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon,  who will be your best resource when it comes to meaningful assessment, advice, and/or reassurance.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedures performed.

Have Wide 'Boxy' Looking Boobs 4 Days Post-op

It is really not possible to give much of a useful answer without the chance to look at before photos.

Four days is, at any rate, not a time to evaluate outcomes. There is swelling, compression of the implants by the pectoral muscles all of which must resolve before seeing an outcome that is close to the final result. 

All your questions are appropriate to be asked of your surgeon who knows what was done, and can follow your recovery. All the best. 

Breast shape POD 4

You are very early in the process. I would advise you to wait before making any judements. SO far everything looks fine from the photos.

Very swollen!

At only 4 days after surgery, you are at the peak of your post-op swelling.  Now is certainly not the time to worry about details of the shape - as this will all change over the next few weeks as the swelling resolves.  It's way too early to tell anything about the final shape.  Hang in there!

Boxy look after aug/pexy

It is not uncommon for early postoperative swelling to significantly affect the shape of the breast.  At 4 days out I would recommend patience.  Most of what I see here is swelling.

Mary Gingrass, MD

Shape of breasts at four days

Your breasts look appropriate at only four days.  With the implants its normal to have upper pole fullness at this stage.  The lower pole will almost always stretch out and the nipple will be better centered with time.  If they look perfect at four days they will bottom out by three months.  So the appearance is appropriate at this time.  You surgeon should have explained this to you so you don't worry needlessly.  Dr. Chu

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon