Can this tattoo on my hand be excised? (photos)

It's about 1 sq inch black outline of a star tattoo on my left hand below between the thumb and pointer finger. How much would it cost out of pocket?

Hand tattoo excision

This tattoo is not the best for excising. It would leave a visible scar as well as it is in an awkward place. Which once excised can make mobility difficult. Research Tattoo removals in your area. Seek consultation with 2 or 3. Make sure you are very informed as to what each laser is capable of. There several machines out there that are capable of obtaining a very nice fade. You should seek consultation with a reputable, trained provider experienced in this area.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal

I personally would not recommend that you get an excision since it will leave a huge scar in your hand and could also affect your mobility.  You should consider the Alex-Trivantage laser for this tattoo as it would respond well to this type of treatment.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Tattoo Removal

Rather than excising the tattoo which would leave a scar I would consider a treatment with a Picoway laser at the 1064nm.  Scars are permenant.  This would not be very expensive and should completely resolve with just a couple of treatments with that tattoo. 

Chad M. Hivnor, MD
San Antonio Dermatologist