Is my Rhinoplasty wish pic obtainable / realistic? (photos)

My nose lacks shape and definition. I'd like to know if the two images (top left and bottom right) or something similar is realistic and obtainable through open rhinoplasty. Thank you in advance!

Is my Rhinoplasty wish pic obtainable / realistic?

From the images you have shown, it appears that you want your tip narrowed and the dorsum of the nose made less convex. Both of these things can be done. It will require cartilage grafts and cartilage sutures to change the shape.  If you have thicker skin, the tip shape is harder to create but a big improvement can be expected. See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. Good luck. 

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Definition

A cosmetic rhinoplasty can remove and reposition tissue in the nose for better aesthetics. Based on your photos I feel you would benefit from lowering the dorsum and refinement of the tip to narrow the tip defining points and produce a slight supratip break. 

These are big movements that are often intended to create subtle, millimeter changes to the shape of the nose once it heals. The thickness of your nose skin can affect the overall result. Based on the photos, however, I feel that you can obtain a result that is close to the "wish pick."     

See the link below for more info.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best treatment. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Based on your submitted photos, your skin appears much thicker than the "wish pictures."  Therefore, your tip will not be able to achieve that level of definition.  That said, you could certainly get a nice improvement.  It's best to seek out a consultation with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to see what is realistically possible.  Best wishes.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Rhinoplasty

Simplynewme2017, yes and no and by that I mean you can obtain a pretty nose but not the exact nose as seen on someone else's photos. First of all your skin appears to be thicker making tip definition more of an issue. See an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and has done so for decades. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty may be considered for achieving a narrower and less distracting nasal appearance.

Your up-close photos may reveal that you have thick nasal skin, so the amount of tip refinement you may receive would need to be determined after an examination. Consider consulting several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you. Thank you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is near impossible to replicate somebody else’s nose because we all have different anatomy’s but you would definitely benefit from nasal refinement. It appears your tip is enlarged and bulbous. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and smaller in size. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Is your Goal Attainable in Rhinoplasty

Answering the question can be difficult, in that many subtle issues will determine the ultimate result. First, thick skin will prevent definition, unless the skin can be thinned either with surgical debulking (which only works to some degree) or post operative Steroid or 5-Fluorouracil shots. Most skin can be thinned somewhat, but the amount will vary from patient to patient. The other key concern is cartilage stiffness and cartilage availability. The only way to get the result you are looking for is by using cartilage grafts to increase the strength of the nasal tip, which will provide definition to the result. Some patients have very soft cartilage and very small septums, requiring the use of ear cartilage (elastic cartilage), which, by definition, is softer than septal cartilage (fibrocartilage). The interplay of these 2 concerns will determine what you can achieve with surgery.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Results.

Hi,

The best way to realize realistic results is through computer imaging. This can show you potential results to close degree of certainty. Feel free to send your pics for imaging.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Why should I get a Rhinoplasty operation?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can give a nice result...

From your photos, it appears that you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. While we can work towards the goal you laid out in the photos, it may not be possible to get you nose as small as the side profile you showed. But you can certainly improve the dorsal line of the nose, and refine the tip and lift it some so it is not as wide and droopy. Be sure to see a rhinoplasty specialist for consultation.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon