Anyone from New York can recommend a great Rhinoplasty Surgeon to me? (Photo)

I have a bulbous tip, deviated septum and want to change the overall appreance of my nose. I hated it for years and haven't found a plastic surgeon I feel is right. From a frontal view and both a left and right... It looks like I have a different nose from each angle. I need to get this fix. Please help, and provide suggestions.

Anyone from New York can recommend a great Rhinoplasty Surgeon to me?

You have potential to achieve your best possible nose- in the right hands. I would recommend the closed technique for primary Rhinoplasty to avoid an unnecessary scar across your nose ( columella). For more info- you can view the video attached 

Keep looking, you will find one...

You are correct in waiting until you find a plastic surgeon with whom you are comfortable. The first key is to only see a plastic surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty. When you go in for the consultation you should be able to see many photos of results to see if they coincide with results you like. If you don't like them, just move on to the next surgeon. During consultation you should have ample time to discuss your issues and undergo computer imaging. Eventually you will find one you are comfortable with.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a spreader graft to straighten your septum.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

How To Find The Top Rhinoplasty Surgeons

The plastic surgeon you choose for your rhinoplasty surgery will be one of the big decisions in your life.  As such, I suggest that you do your research:  read reviews, look at before-and-afters, study the credentials of the surgeon, how long she or he has been in practice.  Rhinoplasty surgery is detailed and challenging, and even the tiniest asymmetry will show on the nose (as compared to elsewhere on the body, where 1 millimeter is difficult to detect). I suggest you look for a board certified plastic surgeon with many years of experience. In my practice, I conduct a lot of revisionary surgery, which means I correct issues that come up in other offices.  Please choose wisely and carefully to ensure that your first result will be excellent. 

RealSelf is an excellent platform for locating NYC rhinoplasty surgeons.

Your bulbous asymmetrical nasal tip may be improved with rhinoplasty, depending on your examination. Consider consulting with several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what to expect after rhinoplasty surgery. Thank you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear jstubbs1787, You would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery to help refine your nose, reduce your bulbous tip which will bring a nice harmony and balance to your facial features. Seek some consultations with experts in the field of rhinoplasty surgery, have imaging performed to ensure you are on the same page with your surgeon. Review the surgeons before and after photographs of ethnic rhinoplasty patients and then you should be able to make an informed decision. See the video above and link below for examples. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

Yes, all noses are asymmetric. You would have to be seen in person to determine what your goals are and review your anatomy during a physical exam. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Many surgeons in NYC to consider

There are many talented Rhinoplasty surgeons in New York City. Finding the right one for you can be challenging. You mention a deviated septum, so make sure your Rhinoplasty surgeon is also well versed in Septoplasty corrections. Your nose looks like a closed Tip-plasty could get a fabulous result. Correcting a bulbous and clefted tip gives very predictable outcomes.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your nose

There are many of us in the city. Look for an older experienced surgeon and go for a consultation. You have an ethnic nose , changes can be made and you do not need an open rhinoplasty. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

The chosen one, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. I usually tell my patients that the first step for a safe plastic surgery is to choose a board certified aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon. This should have a personal website containing details of his professional biography and some photos of the procedures performed. Your plastic surgeon should be  transparent and a honest person with you, with ethical and human values, and especially with good reputation and history. Also, it's much better if this doctor have special training and experience in procedures like the one you're interested. Finally, i invite you to send your photos to give you more information of interest for you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-    

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD