22yr old, I have bad under eye bags from puffiness to darkness. What permanent procedure can I do for this?

Doctor Answers 3

There Are Many Options, But Without A Picture To Evaluate It Is Hard To Determine Which Is Right For You

The undereye area can be a tricky area to address and without a live assessment or at least a photograph, no real recommendations can be given.  Puffiness or bags under the eyes can be caused by several factors including volume loss, excessive pigment, dilated blood vessels, loose skin, or fat bulges and each of these problems has different and specific treatment.  Generally speaking, the only “permanent” fix is surgery but surgery is not appropriate in all circumstances.  Best to see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for further information and consultation.

San Diego Dermatologist
4.9 out of 5 stars 47 reviews

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane or Belotero, Laser C02/Erbium Resurfacing, Microneedling, Viva/Intensif, Fraxel

Lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers can all help here but surgery may be your best option.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Without a photograph, it is very hard to make a recommendation.

If you are not comfortable positing an eyestrip, I recommend seeing fellowship trained oculofacial surgeons who are aesthetically oriented in your area for a personal consultation.  Please consider sharing what you learn here on RealSelf.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.