What FFS do you recommend? (photos)

Hi - I'd welcome any advice on how I can transform my face or look very pretty. I'm looking to start HRT soon but will not do so until I receive professional advice. I'm 51 years old. Thank you.

Changes for a more feminine face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

While the best way to determine what could be done to further feminize your face is to get a plastic surgery consult, your photos suggest that you would benefit from several things:

Contouring the forehead to make it flatter (a more masculine forehead/brow protrudes and a more feminine one is flatter.

Brow lift: Lifting the brows to give them a slight arch will be more feminine. 

Rhinoplasty: A rhinoplasty or "nose job" will create a more petite, feminine nose

Jaw/Mandible narrowing and Chin narrowing will decrease the width of the jaw and chin, creating a more oval, feminine face shape. 

Shaving the Adam's apple will reduce the neck prominence, creating a more feminine neck.

These things can be combined in various order to achieve your desired result and a plastic surgeon familiar with facial feminization surgeries will be able to go through those things with you. 

I wish you all the best on your journey,

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Big changes and some small ones will all help

First, transition can be full of challenges, but with some hard work there is no reason you can't end up with a very pretty feminine face. There are some big changes that can made with surgery to feminize the shape of the face.  This would likely include a brow bone reduction, nose reduction, and jaw shaping.  You can work with your surgeon to come up with a plan to manage your hairline.  Hairline lowering, hair grafts, or a hair piece can all be used alone or together to create a feminine hairline. There are smaller procedures that help to restore youth to your face like lightening your lower eyelids, lifting your lip, and adding volume to your face.  Finally, you need to care for your skin like any woman in her 50s.  Botox and skin care products will be key to achieving your final goal.  It will take some time, but if you are patient and stick with it the change will be spectacular.  Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist