What FFS do you recommend? (photos)

Hi - I'd welcome any advice on how I can transform my face or look very pretty. I'm looking to start HRT soon but will not do so until I receive professional advice. I'm 51 years old. Thank you.

Doctor Answers 1

Big changes and some small ones will all help

First, transition can be full of challenges, but with some hard work there is no reason you can't end up with a very pretty feminine face. There are some big changes that can made with surgery to feminize the shape of the face.  This would likely include a brow bone reduction, nose reduction, and jaw shaping.  You can work with your surgeon to come up with a plan to manage your hairline.  Hairline lowering, hair grafts, or a hair piece can all be used alone or together to create a feminine hairline. There are smaller procedures that help to restore youth to your face like lightening your lower eyelids, lifting your lip, and adding volume to your face.  Finally, you need to care for your skin like any woman in her 50s.  Botox and skin care products will be key to achieving your final goal.  It will take some time, but if you are patient and stick with it the change will be spectacular.  Bryan Rolfes, MD

Minneapolis Otolaryngologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.