Best doctor in NYC for lip augmentation? (Photo)

I have braces which is coming off in two months. The teeth were pushed back 6mm+ due to an extraction pushed by my ortho. As a result my top lip has gotten significantly thinner and lips overall has lost fullness. I would like my lips to look a little of how they use to.

Loss of lip volume and projection after orthodonture

Dear misspow:

If teeth have receded, either from orthodonture or from loss of bone as we age, the upper and lower cutaneous lip can lose their projection and the lips can look as though they have lost volume. Replacing some volume in the cutaneous lips overlying the teeth and the lips themselves can help to restore the former projection and apparent fullness of the lips. You will want to find a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with many years of experience in injecting lips and it will be helpful if you can bring several photos with you that show the lips and surrounding tissues before your orthodonture, including a side view if possible.  Your physician will discuss with you the best filler for your treatment, which will in part depend upon your tolerance for downtime, but the choices would include Beletero, Juvederm, and possibly Restylane.

All the best to you,
Dr.Clark

Lip filler

Lip fillers such as the hyaluronic acid products are great.  One or two syringes will likely do the trick for you. Best of luck.

Lip augmentation

Loss of tooth projection from dental correction can significantly affect lip fullness. Lip augmentation is typically done with hyaluronic acid fillers like juviderm or restylane. Given the amount of volume loss it is possible you would need more than 1 syringe of filler. I would recommend restylane since it will hold its shape better then juviderm. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Hyaluronic Filler

A hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane could be a great product to help you get back that fullness you are missing in your upper lip. At my practice, I take the in-person consultation very seriously, as it is during this time when I can really assess a patient's anatomy and really get a good understanding for their concerns and their goals. Each patient is different and creating a customized treatment plan is the key to a happy patient. My advice is to seek out a board-certified dermatologist and experienced injector who will really listen to your concerns to achieve the look you desire.

Dennis Gross, MD

Lip Augmentation NYC

I appreciate your concern. I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus to see if you like the look and achieves your goals. Another option is fat transfer which is more permanent. It is done under local anesthesia and fat is usually taken from the lower abdomen or thighs. Studies show that at least 1/3 of transferred fat last forever. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Lip augmentation?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants (cheek, chin) for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is small compared to your lower. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

I wanted to mention that your chin also appears to be weak and a bit asymmetric. I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your chin is weak. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Botox/Filler Injectors

Thanks for your question. It is very important that you thoroughly research your injector before committing to any procedures. It is a good idea to research your injectors educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had treatments with that injector. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your injector and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the injector, this is usually not a good sign. The most important aspect is to find an injector you are comfortable with. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with botox and dermal filler injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Best doctor in NYC for lip augmentation?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers afford the patients to safely augment their lip size with little risk of side effects and if they do not like their appearance it can be fully dissolved.  See a board certified plastic surgeon, they can help you determine the best treatment based on your desired outcome.  

Best Lip Augmentation NYC

The key to having the best lip augmentation is choosing the best type of product based on your facial anatomy.  An in person consultation is needed to determine which product and where the correct placement would be.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Fillers can do well with contouring and shaping of the lips with keeping a natural look. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.