How do you describe this male nose? What makes its tip look like this? (Photo)

I was looking at these pictures online and I like the way the nose tip looks. The skin appears tighter on the cartilage but not "pointy"—everything looks very defined. My nose tip is the opposite and very bulbous. I'm wondering how to articulate the features of this nose if I want to get a result like this.

Male Rhinoplasty - How To Get The Result You Want

Having a photo of a nose you like is an excellent way to communicate your desired outcome with your plastic surgeon. I suggest you take your photo to your consultation so that your surgeon can evaluate the likelihood of your achieving the same result.  If you have thin skin (as does the person in this photo), there is a definite possibility you could achieve a similar result if your cartilage is trimmed to correct the bulbousness you describe.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

How do you describe this male nose?

Greetings Thank you for your photo and question. It would be great if you could send your photos for evaluation as the result would depend on your nose shape and nose condition. However our new approach in rhinoplasty operations using autologous stromal cell enriched fat transfer to required areas with depression and irregularities, patients experience less surgical trauma, less change in basic structures of nose, thus a shorter and more comfortable healing period with more succesfull results.I have attached a video to help you understand more and link where you can see more before and after photos. 

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Patient who wish to refine their nasal tip may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nose

His tip is defined by his underlying cartilages and the think skin coverage. Thicker skinned patients will not get the same refinement, but on the the other hand are less likely to have visible irregularities as easily.

Your nose

Go for a consultation and bring the photo. If it is possible the doctor will tell you - otherwise you just may have to settle for a better version of your nose. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD