I just got my breast reduction surgery three days ago and one breast seems to be slightly bigger than the other.

It's not a big difference but it seems that the left one sticks out a little more from the top and the side. Is it possible that one breast is just more swollen than the other?

Breast reduction at 3 days

At 3 days it is too early to say. Right now you have to allow things to heal and for the swelling to settle. Best of luck.

Early post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 3 days after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast reduction surgery three days ago and one breast seems to be slightly bigger than the other.

It is too early to conclude your breast shape and appearance as your breasts are still healing and each breast heals differently than the other. This means that swelling and bruising would appear differently and would cause asymmetry temporarily while your body is still healing.

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Three Days Post-Op Breast Reduction Asymmetry

It is very early in your healing process but I understand your concern. One thing you should know, is that every person and every incision heals differently. Your healing process can even heal differently on each of your breasts. To increase your chances of proper healing, you should be following ALL of your #post-operative instructions.  However, the things you should be concerned with are: sudden increase in swelling and pain, increased redness around the incision, an oral temperature greater than 100.4 and drainage that is thick yellow or green in color or if it is foul smelling. If any of these occur, you need to contact your surgeon immediately. If none of this apply to your current situation and you still have concerns, please make sure keep your appointment with the surgeon that performed you breast reduction surgery. Thank you for your question and best wishes!

Asymmetry after breast reduction

Swelling is not always symmetrical and you just had surgery. It is very important to wait until the swelling has gone down and healing is underway before worrying about the aesthetic outcome.

#BreastLIft #BreastReduction - one breast seems to be slightly bigger than the other

It is fairly common for one breast to look slightly different from the other.  This is particularly true in the immediate post-op period, as swelling can add to the distortion.  In fact, complete symmetry is relatively uncommon.
With time, they should become more symmetrical.
You should of course discuss this with your own PS.  If you have acute symptoms associated with this asymmetry (such as fever, chills, sweats, redness, more pain on the larger side, etc) then you should call your PS right away.  If not, you can arrange to be seen after the weekend and that will most likely be adequate.  Needless to say, this cannot be fully discussed via this forum.
I hope that this helps and good luck,
Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500