Candidate for permalip in upper lip? (Photo)

I am considering getting my upper lip plumped back up, it's thinning down due to age. I am leaning more towards the Cupid/mid upper lip. I am mid 40's.

Candidate for permalip in upper lip?

Thank you for your question and photo.  No online reviewer can diagnose or make treatment recommendations without an examination or complete medical history.  I would start with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in lip implants. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. Most patients will do well with a 4mm implant.  Very rarely does a 5mm implant do well with one who has never had implants.  During the consult you and the surgeon should be understanding of the goals and realistic outcomes of your choices. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for permalip in upper lip?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants (cheek, chin) for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is small compared to your lower. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant. The implants go across the entire lip and there is no way to secure parts of an implant in any one section of the lip alone.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Permalip

Hello bloomingdales
Thank you so much for your question and photo.  You have very good volume in your lower lip in particular, which would compliment a fuller upper lip and a lip implant, such as Permalip, would certainly give you that permanent fullness.  I would recommend visiting a PS who specialises in this procedure, to determine the best type of implant - whether a bespoke lip implant (make specifically for you) or a Permalip implant and the correct size.  All the Best!