After my Breast Lift 5 weeks ago I still don't feel lifted. I feel heavy on the bottom. Does this look right? (photos)

5 weeks ago I received a breast lift w/ 325cc implants. I was very adamant that I didn't want to be any bigger after surgery, just higher and firmer. I was a 32DD-34D before. I now am a 34DDD, and bras hard to find that fit right. I also think I look too heavy on the bottom and not enough lift . Am I jumping the gun here and haven't given it enough time or am I right to be a little concerned?

Implants add volume

When you add an implant to any breast, the breast will 100% of the time be larger than what you started with. With patients with very large and droopy breasts to begin with, it makes no sense to me to add more volume to skin that has already demonstrated it will not hold up the volume that is already there. In my opinion, you would need a mastopexy with a small reduction with implant removal ,in order to get the look that you want. I don't think  waiting will make it look any better as far as a higher position on the chest wall. There is a concept out there of a minus plus procedure where most of the gland is removed and replaced with a breast implant such that most of the breast is the implant and there is nothing more to sag. You may want to discuss your early results with your plastic surgeon and come up with a plan to get you what you want. Best of luck.

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA+BL I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD