53 year old 132 pounds bra size 36 C. Wishing to be fuller at the top and rounder. Is it too late at 53? How many CC? (photo)

I have been thinking of breast augmentation for quite a while and I am 53 years old medium build . My breast is not really sagging , I never had children . My friend who is a doctor fears that if I get a D or small DD I will look ridiculous when I am older in my 60s . it would look unnatural . Looking to be fuller at the top. I always wear wonderbras or extra padded ones . I do consider myself lucky but I always wanted my breast to be bigger . How many CC should I get to achieve my goal .

Breast aug at 53

You are definately not too old to have cosmetic  breast surgery. However, I am afraid that I agree with your surgeon friend. You have very pretty breasts. (Especially for age 53!) They are also pretty large! I agree that you should go in for a face to face consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your goals. It would require a fairly large implant to provide added upper pole fullness. I see more and more women in their 50s and 60s who have had implants for many years and I commonly hear from them that they wish to be smaller. So I say stick with your pretty padded bras and proceed with caution!

Implant size

Choosing the right size, shape and placement of implant is part art and part science and definitely requires an in person exam. I don't know if your doctor friend is a plastic surgeon. If not, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss the ideal options for you so that you can achieve your dream breasts. best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

The Horndeski Methodâ„¢

You do not need implants, you need a breast lift.I recommend a new technique called The Horndeski Method™.The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness without implants, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.The weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle resulting in immediate pain relief and long term stability.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

You're not too old but you need to be realistic

First off, your age is not an issue.  An implant would certainly give you more umph in the top and you don't need a very big implant because you have a lot of breast tissue (maybe a 300cc implant or so).  My concern is your wish pics.  Most of those are women who have very little of their own breast tissue.  They are all implant, and that is a very different look than you will achieve, particularly when bending over.  You really look good -- don't ruin it.  Go with a conservative implant and burn the padded bras!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos. First, no it is not too late to have a breast augmentation!  You need to be seen in person by a surgeon who is board certified in plastic surgery and is an expert in the breast augmentation procedure though.  It is quite possible that you might need a breast lift as well so I advise you to have an open mind regarding this.  Be sure that you clearly communicate your specific, realistic goals to him/her. You should ask to also "try on" the implants so that you get a good idea of what the implants would look like on your body.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast augmentation sizing

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. For you to achieve the look of your goal pictures you would like we need a combination Implants and a breast lift. You would need a consultation preferably undergo 3D Vectra breast imaging and simulation of your postoperative results.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Implant options

Thank you for your question and photos. I recommend that you book an in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to talk about your goals. What appears "natural" or "too big" can be very subjective. Your Plastic Surgeon can recommend a range of sizes based on your individual chest measurements and your expectations.

My patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers in their clothing in office. This might help you get a better feel for what they will look like on you.

All the best

What size?

You'll need breast implants to achieve your goal for filler breasts. To mimic your goal photo you'll need a breast lift as well. 

Implant selection

I think that if you want fuller breasts, than implants might be helpful. You likely need a lift as well, Best of luck.

Am I to old to have a PS

Hello Dear thanks for your question, if you are a healthy woman you dont have to be worried about your age!! Ithink that you have a pretty large breast so the cc's will depend on how big you want them. but I also recommend you to search for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to have a consultation. Best wishes and good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD