Congratulation on your decision to have breasts augmentation with implants. This is one of the best investment in yourself , because it will increase your self esteem, confidence, sense of femininity and will make shopping real fun...
However, not all results are the same, because experience , skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely, to avoid bad result and need for corrective surgery.
Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery , to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.
As far as selecting type of implants. I have been in practice for over 29 and performed breasts augmentation with implants on thousands of patients. I use almost exclusively smooth, round , moderate profile saline implants made by Mentor for the following reasons:
1, Cost $1000 less than silicone gel implants.
2. Saline implants are associated, statistically, with less capsule contracture occurrence.
3. Saline implants can be inserted through small incision on the sub areola line which is scar friendly, where as large silicone implants requires long incision in the sub mammary fold which is not scar friendly.
4. The sub areola incision allows for the creation of very nice cleavage under direct vision and feel, while the sub mammary incision is too far for easy dissection and consistent creation of nice cleavage as you can see in the different photo galleries.
5. It is a myth that silicone gel implants are more natural than saline implant. I have removed many silicone gel implants and replaced them with saline implants to the delight of my patients.
6. In case of implant's leaking or rapture (very rare), it is very simple to replace saline implant and it can be done under local anesthesia, whereas replacement of raptured silicone gel implant is complex and requires general anesthesia for comfort.
I hope this helps,
Best of luck,