Are they going to get any bigger? (Photos)

I'm almost 2 weeks post op and havnt noticed anymore increase in size...I feel they look larger in pictures than they really are...will I have any more size increase?

Are breast implants going to get any bigger?

You have an ecellent result so early. By 3 months more implant volume will drop and push the breast more forward to create a more natural look.

Looks great so far

For two weeks post surgery your photographs exhibit to me a very fine result thus far. As your tissue stretch to accommodate the underlying implant the shape of the breasts will look less rounded at the top and more full at the bottom. This may take a few months so be patient. Most patients describe this as a "fluffing" of the breasts. Congratulations on having a breast augmentation.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Two weeks

Two weeks is very early you will see significant change in size, shape, and softness.  They appear tight and high at this point in the photos.  It is hard to wait and give things time but this is what you need to do.  Hang in there......

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Larger?

Thanks so much for bringing up this important question. As the skin continues to stretch forward they may appear larger. You already have a very nice result. Beauty is not always about size and has to do more with shape and contours. Congratulations on a very beautiful early result and best wishes, 

Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Are breasts going to get any bigger after breast augmentation?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.  I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play. You may be pleasantly surprised wants to be "drop and fluff" phenomenon has occurred. You may also be happier once the swelling AROUND the breast implants dissipates and the implants' shape and projection become more visible. 

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.