Upper Blepharoplasty Scarring?

Hello. I had a lower lift (no skin was removed or fat taken, just smoothing out) almost 3 years ago. Had drooping issue due to excessive scarring, I was told. Stitches were inside not external. Recovered now but required additional procedures to fix. I'm considering an upper lift now but wondering if scarring might be an issue with uppers. Consultation last week seemed to stress the upper lift is a much simpler procedure and scarring would not be an issue. Thought I'd reach out for online opinions?

Scarring after upper eyelid surgery...

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the lower lids, which is not typical. The scar for an upper eyelid surgery is placed in the natural crease of the eyelid, so the scar is barely discernible if executed properly and you heal well.  There are risks with any procedure, but scarring is generally not a major issue with upper blepharoplasty. Check out my video for greater details. Seek out the consultation of a plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or Occuloplastic surgeon for the best care. Good luck! 

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper blepharoplasty

You are correct in saying the upper blepharoplasty complications are less common their lower counterpart.  While no procedure is without risks, a conservative procedure to the upper lids has a high success rate.  The scar for this procedure is typically places in a lid crease and is rarely noticeable after enough time has passes for sufficient healing.  As long as the surgeon does not remove too much skin, eyelid closure and positioning are not commonly affected.  Good luck.

John Harbison, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon