Is tumescent Lipo better than regular Lipo? I want the fat transferred to my buttocks does tumescent damage the fat cells?

Tumescent liposuction

Tumescent describes the fluid that is used to reduced the bruising, reduce the pain and decrease the amount of blood loss.  All liposuction is tumescent in this era.

Tumescence helps make the liposuction part safer with less bleeding and easier fat removal. The tumescence fluid will not interfere with the fat transfer. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns and options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- to buttocks

I suggest consulting with a VASER Hi definition contouring specialist. By doing a VASER Hi definition procedure you will get much more contouring, shaping and skin tightening. Fat transfer from the abdomen and flanks can be used to augment the buttocks. Hi definition procedures give results instantly, the final result should be seen by 3-6 months. Best, Dr. Emer