Can you tear your sutures 5 weeks after a TT and hernia repair while doing low impact aerobics? No weights. I'm in horrible pain

Can you tear your sutures 5 weeks after a TT and hernia repair?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your pain development. Though unlikely it is possible to tear the sutures in either your muscle/hernia repair as well as your tummy tuck incision if you placed sufficient force onto them.  In most cases exercises involving your stomach should be avoided for 6+ weeks to allow for full healing. Because of the acute onset of horrible pain I would strongly advise seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to determine if your results were compromised or if another reason is the cause of your symptoms.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Can you tear your sutures 5 weeks after a tummy tuck?

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing.   Generally, the abdominal wall re approximation done during tummy tuck surgery is quite secure but disruption can occur.  This disruption may be associated with discomfort and/or a change in the patient's physical examination.  Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when comes to providing you with a diagnosis, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance.   Best wishes.

Severe Pain After A Tummy Tuck

Dear 3Chloe, Although it is unlikely that you tore your sutures, it is possible if too much stress is applied too soon. I usually instruct my TT patients to refrain from any core exercises for 6-8 weeks, especially if a rectus repair was performed. I would suggest that you see your surgeon sooner than later to have them examine you in person. Good luck. Dr. Gervais. 

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (1 months post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD