Can you tear your sutures 5 weeks after a TT and hernia repair while doing low impact aerobics? No weights. I'm in horrible pain

Can you tear your sutures 5 weeks after a TT and hernia repair?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your pain development. Though unlikely it is possible to tear the sutures in either your muscle/hernia repair as well as your tummy tuck incision if you placed sufficient force onto them.  In most cases exercises involving your stomach should be avoided for 6+ weeks to allow for full healing. Because of the acute onset of horrible pain I would strongly advise seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to determine if your results were compromised or if another reason is the cause of your symptoms.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Severe Pain After A Tummy Tuck

Dear 3Chloe, Although it is unlikely that you tore your sutures, it is possible if too much stress is applied too soon. I usually instruct my TT patients to refrain from any core exercises for 6-8 weeks, especially if a rectus repair was performed. I would suggest that you see your surgeon sooner than later to have them examine you in person. Good luck. Dr. Gervais. 

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (1 months post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD