Candidate for lipo or do I need more? (Photo)

Looking to get lipo on my abdomen and hips... Pretty happy with the rest of my body. My 2nd child is 8 months old and I'm done having kids. Absolutely onboard with surgical intervention! Thanks!

Tummy Tuck and Lipo

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. A special kind I do is called a lateral tension abdominoplasty. This will correct any muscle separation and remove the loose skin that can't be addressed with diet and exercise. I often pair liposuction with a tummy tuck in order to contour. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Lipo or more?

Based on your pictures, it appears that some sort of "tuck" would be more appropriate than liposuction alone. In fact, if your main conern is the loose skin, then liposuction may make this deformity worse. It is hard to determine based on pictures alone, but if most of the skin and muscle laxity is below the umbilicus (belly button) a mini-abdominoplasty (mini-tummy tuck)may be an option, with or without liposuction of the upper abdomen. The other alternative would be a standard abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). This is best reviewed with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Good luck with this undertaking- J. Vicente Poblete, MD,FACS, Cleveland, Ohio.

Liposuction vs. A

Patients often debate between liposuction and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) when in actuality there is no debate. These are different procedures aimed at addressing different problems. They are not interchangeable. There is a procedure for every problem and you board certified plastic surgeon should be able to guide you to the appropriate treatment plan. 

It appears from your photos that your concern is more an issue of skin excess rather than subcutaneous abdominal fat. While you could safely undergo liposuction of the abdomen, you would likely be disappointed with the result. Liposuction would likely worsen the appearance of the sagging skin excess. However, when used in conjunction with abdominoplasty, liposuction would be an effective adjuvant treatment.

As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the correct procedure

Based on your pictures and your history you would most likely do much better with an abdominoplasty.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction

Thank you for your question and photos.  I do not think you would be satisfied with liposuction alone.  You appear to have skin laxity that would only be improved with a full tummy tuck.  If you were to get liposuction alone, it would cause your skin to become even more lax.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Tummy Tuck vs. Liposuction

Thanks for your questions. It appears from your photograph that you would benefit from a tummy tuck to correct the loose skin on your abdomen. Liposuction would remove any excess fat but would leave you with more sagging skin. Good luck.

Janet Turkle, MD

Liposuction and Techniques -- SmartLipo Versus VASER Versus Traditional Versus WAL Versus ThermiRF

You are a candidate for liposuction but really need a tummy tuck to remove the loose skin with the liposuction to get a significant improvement.  Liposuction alone really will not give you a great improvement especially on your stomach.  Please see a body sculpting expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo or more?

Thank you for your question and photo. Based on your photo, I think that liposuction alone will leave you disappointed. The loose, inelastic lower abdominal skin will not respond well, (tighten) to liposuctin and would likely leave you disappointed. Combining with an abdominoplasty (tummy  tuck) will more likely give you the rejuvenation of the abdomen that you are seeking.

Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Dr. Morrissey

Liposuction of abdomen after 2 kids

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Your photo indicates that you need a tummy tuck with flank and hip liposuction,
  • Liposuction of the abdomen will make skin looser 
  • Tummy tuck + liposuction is an excellent procedure.
  • Your photo suggests you should have a very nice result.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Maybe a little more than liposuction alone.

Hi!  Based on your pictures it looks like you have skin and fat excess in your lower abdomen.  Your upper abdomen looks great - especially from the side!  The problem that I see is that even with the normally expected degree of skin tightening usually seen after liposuction you will probably have loose skin below the belly button.  You could counteract this somewhat with laser assisted liposuction, i.e. SmartLipo or radiofrequency assisted liposuction with ThermiTight.  Your overall best combination would be liposuction with excess skin excision or mini-tummytuck.  An in house consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will give you the best overall result.  I hope this helps!