Breast augmentation, need lift? (Photos)

My breasts have lost most of their volume due to breast feeding. I use to have D sized, very full breasts. I would like smaller, perky, but natural. With my sag, would you recommend a lift as well?

No Lift Needed

In your case, I believe breast implants alone can provide the results you want. The nipple-areola complex remains elevated, and your breasts don't appear to display any signs of ptosis (i.e., breast sagging). Discuss your aesthetic goals with a qualified plastic surgeon who can help you choose the type and size of implants that will help achieve those goals. Good luck to you.

Breast augmentation, need lift?

Thank you for your question. Breast Augmentation is best for you.  Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

No lift needed :)

Hi.  I think you would do great with a breast augmentation.  That will give you back everything you lost!  A lift isn't necessary since there isn't too much sagging.  Your issue is mostly deflation, and implants are perfect for fixing that problem.  Best of luck!

Jonathan Heistein, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

You look like a great candidate for a breast augmentation.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast Augmentation and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

No Lift needed

Even a moderate sized implant will give your a great result with no need for a lift.  Best of luck with your surgery!

Nicholas Husni, MD, PhD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Need a Lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. It does not look like you will need a lift at the time of breast augmentation. It is best to have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. Ask to see a lot of before and after photos of their work. Hope this helps and good luck!

Do I Need A Lift?

Dear BTuck360, Thank you for the photos, they are helpful. Depending on the implant size, you probably could get by with an implant alone, without a lift. A full consultation and exam will give the surgeon a better understanding of your situation. Please consult with a Board Certified and experienced breast Plastic Surgeon. Good luck, Dr. Gervais.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implants

It is hard to say if you need  a lift with your implants.  An exam in person may be helpful.  Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos. You may do well with just breast implants. The goals and expectations you have factor in to the choice between lift or implants alone. I recommend that you meet with a Plastic Surgeon in person. Explain your desired look and goals. They will examine you and let you know what options could suit you.

All the best

Breast augmentation, need lift

whether or not you will be happy with just an implant depends on what you mean by perky. I think an implant will fill your skin envelope, but your new breast mound will remain where it is now.If just filling the skin back up is perky in your eyes,then the implant alone is fine. if you want them higher,a a lift will be required.

Julio Garcia, MD