Would a BBL w/Lipo work for me? (photos)

2 surgeons have recommended a TT and BBL. 4 have said I'm a good candidate for BBL? I was not wanting a TT if I can get good results from BBL.

BBL results

BBL is the best option for patients with excess fat in the mid section and flattened buttocks.  Liposuction from the back and abdomen with skin contraction allows contouring of the midsection and waste with shaping of upper hips and fat transfer to the buttock helps to round out the shape.

There is no question that liposuction of the abdomen, sides, and back with BBL will produce a dramatic difference.  In cases where there is doubt as to the necessity of the tummy tuck, the decision for this can be made at a later date.

Tummy tuck or BBL alone?

Let's break this down into two questions--1)  Are you a candidate for liposuction to the abdomen (and other areas), or will you require a tummy tuck?  And 2)  What can I do with the fat? (and will there be enough fat for a BBL if I need a TT?

The answer to the first question will really take a personal physical examination by an experienced ABPS-certified plastic surgeon. Have you really seen 6 surgeons? Are they all ABPS certified? Better check! (Reason: if all I have is a liposuction cannula and am not trained to perform tummy tucks, then all I would recommend is BBL.) Your phyique looks pretty good, and you may very well do nicely without requiring a TT. But if your examination reveals a wide diastasis from pregnancy and childbirth, then liposuction is NOT the right operation, and TT will be required.

Plenty of fat can be obtained elsewhere to perform your BBL, if that is your wish. Liposculpture of your hips, upper back, and sacral areas can create a nice contour to add to whatever is required for your abdomen.

Bottom (pun intended) line here: BBL will enlarge your buttocks if skillfully done, and the donor liposuction is just as important to your outcome as where it goes. So choose an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon who is good at tummy tucks AND liposuction to make the decision about your tummy area. Then make sure good grafting principles are followed to get the best long-term fat survival for your BBL. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Hello, you are a great candidate for the Brazilian Butt lift you have sufficient fat to harvest from your abdomen and back to provide you with decent volume results and smooth curves you may not need a tummy tuck right about now specially if you keep your post surgical garment on at all times as instructed with the abdominal board your skin should retract fine. Best of luck!