Saggy skin stomach - I have had a liposuction estimated 4 years ago. (photos)

They removed not very much fat from my stomach, because I was not overweight, but had stubborn fat there. Since then I was into sports, doing 4-5 times weightlifting and cardio. I have not lost weight very quickly but over time. My body fat is 21 %. I can see a sixpack developing but dare you bend a little!my skin getting saggy and I have folds! My arms and legs are toned, do I need a tummy tuck? does this happen because I had a liposuction?

Tummy Tuck?

Congratulations on your great shape! You have obviously worked hard to tone your muscles. Your abdominal wall looks great from the photos you submitted. A board certified plastic surgeon will be able to evaluate you in person to determine if an abdominoplasty or mini-abdominoplasty is right for you. Excess skin can be removed in these procedures, improving the appearance of the abdominal wall. It will be important for you to see your surgeon in person so you can be advised on what will be done with your belly button. With a mini-abdominoplasty, the belly button can be treated in different ways, so be sure you understand your options. Best of luck to you!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Saggy skin stomach - I have had a liposuction estimated 4 years ago

Congratulations on getting into great shape. You appear to have skin laxity only, with good muscle tone and no excess fat. Everyone has some excess when bending forward, so it's difficult to know how much you actually have. However, based on the photos, I think that you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck, removing the excess skin and tightening the anterior abdominal wall. Of course, the trade off is a low incision placed below your bikini line. Good luck!

You need tummy

You will need tummy tuck. Liposuction did not cause it. However it did not fix skin excess. It only removed fat and extra skin is left behind. It was always there. Weight loss also has made it more obvious.  Get a tummy tuck.   

Vasdev Rai, MD

Saggy skin stomach - I have had a liposuction estimated 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question.Your appear to be in great physical shape with excess skin of the abdominal wall.   You may benefit from a tummy tuck procedure to remove the excess.   I would recommend seeing 1-2 board certified plastic surgeons for a consultation and examination.   During the consultation you can discuss your goals and expectations and the surgeons can get a sense as too exactly how much excess skin you have.I hope this helps.

Saggy skin stomach

You are very fit and thin. Your main problem is skin laxity. Everyone has some skin laxity when leaning over and it is hard to tell if yours is excessive. You really need an in person consultation to determine whether a tummy tuck would be of benefit. Of course, you always have to weigh the tradeoffs of having a scar with any tummy tuck procedure.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  I see your area of concern and the only true way to correct some of this rippling would be to do a skin resection procedure such as a mini tummy tuck or full tummy tuck.  That said you have done an excellent job of getting into shape and you will need to weigh benefit of an improved stomach contour at the tradeoff of a lower abdominal incision.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for the best treatment advice. 

Tummy tuck after liposuction

Thank you for your question and for including pictures. Nothing is better than an in person consultation, but based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for either a full tummy tuck or a mini-tummy tuck. Either one would get rid of a lot of that extra skin.  A board certified plastic surgeon with good experience should be able to determine what is best for you. 

Dr. Basile

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Lipo

I think your best alternative is non-invasive skin tightening.  The only problem is that there is no magical, perfect answer to that yet.  Reasonable technologies are radiofrequency machines such as ThermiRF and ultrasound such as Ulthera.  To truly appreciate whether you area a tummy tuck candidate, I would search out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and go in for a consultation.  Best Wishes!!  You look great!!

Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question and photos.

Congratulations on achieving your fitness goals! It does appear you have some skin laxity in your abdomen, although not extreme. It is difficult to make educated recommendations based on photos, but you may be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck. This procedure still comes with a scar, although not quite as big as a traditional tummy tuck scar. For you, it may come down to the trade off between a small amount of loose skin and a sizeable scar on your lower abdomen.

You may also be a candidate for non-invasive skin tightening.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to understand all of your options.

Best of Luck,

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

No lipo needed

Hello,  thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations for achieving a phenomenal results with your workout routine.   Skin retraction is expected to occur after a liposuction.  However this sometimes doesn't happen the way we want.   I wouldn't recommend you another lipo because you could end up with irregularities and bumps. Try others  treatments for skin tone improvement like radio-frequency and ultrasounds.  Have a great day.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD