What's wrong with my breasts? (photos)

5 months post op, why does my left breast look different from my right breast?

Asymmetry

Studying your photos you really do not seem to have much wrong with your breast and are quite symmetry - any difference is very mild

Asymmetric Implant Settling

You will need to be examined by your Plastic Surgeon in person to determine if the implant has not fully settled or if you will need to have some excess skin removed. Slight asymmetries aren't uncommon and you may not be completely settled yet.

All the best 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Mastopexy augment and symmetry

When performing a mastopexy/augmentation, it is not uncommon to have some minor asymmetries. It appears you need a small amount of tissue removed from under the left breast. This could be done under a local anesthesia.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

What's wrong with my breasts?

While we can't really say anything is wrong with your breasts, it appears that you have had an augmentation with an around the nipple lift and there is some mild asymmetry after five months. Discuss things with your surgeon and see if any revision might be in order when you are fully healed.

Breast augmentation question

From the one picture you posted it looks like you have more skin from the nipple to the crease below the breast on the left side when compared with the right. It is possible that adding a vertical scar on the left side would improve this. An exam is needed to know for sure. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Post Op

Good question. Without seeing your before pictures it is hard to tell. It looks as though your surgeon did not get as much lift on your left breast and there is still loose skin there. Just from looking at your pictures it looks like your nipple position could be higher and your areola size could be small on both breasts. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Issues

While physical exam is optimal, your photo demonstrates modest Ptosis with slight asymmetry. Options include, breast augmentation with or without lift, or just lift. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Lift

It looks like you need a small lift to correct what appears in the front view that your breasts are a bit saggy.

Breasts look wrong after 5 months

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

Sorry this has happened - one implant has not settled into place. You need to return to see your surgeon to have the higher implant capsule released so the implant can move down. This is a known problem with under the muscle implants. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Breast Concerns

Thank you for your question and providing photos. Based on what I see here; it appears that you may have capsular contracture developing. Which is rare at 5 months post op but it could happen. Best way to tell is by an in person exam. You should see your plastic surgeon for a follow up visit to discuss your concerns. 

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBA
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon