Can you help me find a good plastic surgeon that specializes in breast augmentation in New York?

So, i was born with some kind of condition. When i started to develop everything was ok, but my breast were growing funny. By the time i was 15 my right breast was 2 cups bigger than my left and this is a problem. I dont look at my breast really and its very hard to talk and write about. Im 37 years old, I weigh 128 and im married to wonderful man. We both have one child so im happy except for this. I need help.

Breast Augmentation - Finding A Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your breast surgery. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in cosmetic breast procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see which surgeon you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

Find the right surgeon in New York

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Breast asymmetry

Some patients have more asymmetry than others.  Definitely seeing you in person and reviewing your goals will determine what might be best for you. Good luck!

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your breast asymmetry and the difficulties it has created.  Surgical options do exist in order to better match your breasts but the best choice will depend on an in-person examination of your tissues and a thorough discussion of your goal results.  I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in your area and I am attaching a link below that should assist you with your search.  Best wishes. 

Finding a plastic surgeon...Knowledge is Power

What to ask before undergoing cosmetic surgery?

1.     Do the benefits exceed the risks?

This is a real surgical procedure with real medical/surgical risks.  A potential patient should be very familiar with the procedure in question as well potential benefits/possible complications. Patients are urged not to rush into any procedure until they have done their due diligence. Consult with your board certified plastic surgeon to determine whether you are a reasonable (i.e. “safe” candidate for surgery).

2.     Cosmetic surgery is not a shortcut? Nor a fast-forward.

So you have decided to undergo cosmetic surgery? Have you explored non-surgical alternatives i.e. diet, exercise etc? Cosmetic surgery is meant as an adjunct to a healthy lifestyle whose goal it is to enhance/improve your appearance. Additionally, younger patients should not consider cosmetic surgery until development is complete.

3.     Do you have realistic expectations?

Cosmetic surgery, while capable of dramatic changes, has its limits. A potential patient must take the time to complete an honest self-assessment. Why are you pursuing cosmetic surgery? Is this intervention likely to achieve the results you are seeking? Your board certified plastic surgeon can give you an honest evaluation and provide a reasonable assessment of outcome.

4.     Is this procedure going to change your life?

Cosmetic surgery can do many things. However, it is important to understand what it cannot do. Cosmetic surgery is not a means to an end i.e. wealth, romance, self esteem. None of these things are rooted in external beauty/appearance. Patients pursuing surgery for similar reasons are likely to be disappointed.

5. Know your doctor/facility

While there are many practitioners of cosmetic surgery, only a select few are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons. Certification assures graduation from an accredited medical school and completion of at least six years of surgical training following medical school (with a minimum of three years plastic surgery residency). They have also passed comprehensive oral and written exams. Additionally, patients should verify that surgery is being performed in accredited, state-licensed or Medicare-certified surgical facilities.

Once you have satisfactorily answered each of these questions, be sure you feel comfortable with your surgeon. The patient/surgeon relationship and the requisite communication this requires is crucial to achieving successful outcomes. Your surgeon must clearly understand what you hope to achieve and you must understand what he/she can reasonably deliver. Review before/after photos and speak with former patients.

Best of luck.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Finding the right surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. It is very important that you thoroughly research your surgeon before committing to surgery. It is a good idea to research your surgeon's educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had surgery with that surgeon. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your surgeon and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the surgeon, this is usually not a good sign. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified expert surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Can you help me find a good plastic surgeon

Thank you for the question. Although I cannot provide you with a specific name, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link ( dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.