I had an open rhinoplasty 2 years ago. I'm beyond satisfied with the result. But get some sort of bump in hot weather. (photos)

But why do I get some sort of a tiny "bump/lump" (don't know how to explain the looks of it) around the lower end of my nose, which mainly appears during hot weather/sun exposure? It's very small and feels hard, and sticks out just a little bit and is slightly dark/grey in its color. Before my surgery, my nose was pointing downwards as shown on the attached pictures. -Any connection to that? What can it be? Why does it appear? And can it be removed?

Rhinoplasty

It is conceivable that it is related to swelling. This can fluctuate with weather even  few years after surgery.  Best of luck.

Nasal swelling in hot and humid weather

Hello and thank you for your question. I have definitely seen the problems you are having before. Your situation may be related to a permanent suture if one was used in the nasal tip. Otherwise a small area of scar tissue may be present or a graft of some sort. I have seen multiple patients who during the summer months swell in the nasal tip. This is most likely related to a combination of edema, thick skin/scar and disrupted lymphatic drainage from the previous procedure. If it is a graft/suture this could be removed otherwise I would try to lessen any inflammation with medicines and definitely use sunblock. I hope this answers your concerns. 

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Dark grey bump on nose

This may represent a suture (stitch) from your previous surgery. It is best to follow up with your surgeon for evaluat

John B. Lazor, MD, MBA, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon