Is LPG massage a good thing for somebody with very poor skin laxity? (photos)

I have been doing liposuction on several parts of my body during the years, latest one 2 month ago on my arms and the doctor recommended me lpg massage as a complementary treatment. The only hint is that I have very poor skin laxity to begin with and after the Lipo things have only gotten worse. I have been doing 6 sessions of LPG massage with now obvious result and I am worried that the skin will only get looser not tighter.. I really appreciate some good advice. Thank you

Is LPG massage a good thing for somebody with very poor skin laxity?

Hi-

LPG massage won't have any lasting effect on your skin laxity and is helpful for swelling after liposuction procedures. Unfortunately, skin laxity is a difficult problem and non of the non-invasive treatment have really shown to be very helpful long term. Good Luck!

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

LPG massage for skin laxity

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry your skin is loose after arm liposuction.
  • If your skin is loose with poor elasticity, you may not have been a good candidate for this.
  • LPG massage (often called Endodermologie) has temporary effects, if any. 
  • I suspect that what you are seeing is further skin loosening as swelling goes down.
  • All you can do is give it time and consider an arm lift if the laxity is severe 6 months after surgery

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS