Lip injections - is this a possible goal? (photos)

Hi there! I was just wondering if it's possible to make your top lip extend more upwards using only lip injections? I have quite a long face and a somewhat small upper lip. Would a bigger lip make my face look less long? It's my midface that is out of proportion. I will add a picture of Kylie Jenner before and after her lip fillers. Is this possible to do with just fillers or is it mostly a make-up trick? Or photoshop..

Temporary or Permanent

Hi Missan

There are a couple of options you can look at. Fillers will give a plumper lip and last for around 6-12 months. Depending on where they are put - as to what effect it will give.

Then there is permalip. This a permanent solution with an implant. There are many different sizes.

Do your research and get an idea of what you like and then see a qualified surgeon.

Good Luck with your journey.

Lip injections - is this a possible goal?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentations, over the past 30 years, using dermal fillers or various lip implants (now prefer Permalip).  From the photos your lips are quite thin.  Lip augmentation with either a dermal filler or Permalip implants (for a permanent enhancement) will give you similar results to your example.  Obviously, the implants have a longer lasting effect.

Hope this helps.

Lip injections

I think with Kylie it is a  little bit of both. Fillers to enhance the lips and lipstick tricks to augment the length and width a bit.

Lip Augmentation

I appreciate your concern, you have a very pretty face, so I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus. Another option is fat transfer which is more permanent. It should help regarding your long face.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Thank you for your question.  Though results as seen in your Kylie Jenner picture are possible it is likely a result of both filler placement as well as make-up work.  Difficult to comment on what results for you would resemble, but see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and lip augmentation that is natural, not overdone. 

Adjust your expectations

This may be overly aggressive.  You need to adjust your expectations down somewhat.  If you try to go that large you might have a bad outcome.

Lip Injections

It is always possible to enhance the upper or top lip and do so in a conservative approach.  It would be best to post a photo of yourself to help you answer the question.  Best, Dr. Green

Kylie Jenner Plastic Surgery Lips

Kylie has a great result. Fillers is not the only treatment she received. A possible lip lift may also be at play here, as well as makeup of course. If you want the same results, best to consult with  board certified plastic surgeon comfortable with lip procedures. Regards, 

Hello Missan,

Fillers can help to make your lip extend upwards by filling the bottom area.  Without any photos of you there is no way to comment on what fillers would do for you.  For Kylie Jenner, in my opinion, the lips have been way over done.  There is a reason the photos are not shown from the side because she would likely have her lips sticking way out like a duck.  She has also lost the natural Cupids bow (the middle part of the upper lip that looks like a bow) because of being over filled.  

I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist who does his or her own injections.  Indicate your goals with treatment and see if what you desire will lead to a natural look.  In the end it is important to trust the judgment of your injector to give you an aesthetically pleasing result.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon