What should I do next? Do you have any advice? I don't know what to do from this point on (Photos)

Hello! I'm 30 years old and had a beard transplant 3 months ago (2000 grafts) and I still have a significant redness. The redness goes in cycles, it gets a little bit better for a week or two, and after that it gets more intense again, back to same as before. My surgeon changes his answers every time I ask. Initially he said most of the redness will go away in 4-6weeks, now he says a couple of months. The clinic is not interested in helping me and says everything is fine without examining me.

It is unfortunate your doctor has no interest in helping you. You may want to find another doctor for an examination.

It is unfortunate your doctor has no interest in helping you.  You may want to find another doctor for an examination and treatment options.  It is unusual to have redness months after surgery.  

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness

Redness  after  hair  or beard transplant surgery is very normal and for some cases it may fade away slowly up to 1 month.On the other hand staying under the sun or having a possible infection in the area may also cause the same problem and as it was mentioned before normally redness should be gone by now. It would be better to meet your surgeon and get his opinion after an examination.

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Redness

typically the redness should be gone by now. I would suggest going in for a follow up to be examined by the surgeon who did your procedure. You need to be seen in person in case something else is going on with your recipient area.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Redness after a beard transplant

I would worry about an infection. Redness should have gone by now. I would have to examine you to understand the situation as it is very difficult to do this over the internet

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon