What's the minimal effective dose of Finasteride to stabilise hair loss post FUE? (Photos)

Hi Docs, I am 36 year old Indian male and had a FUE 5 weeks ago. A total of 3500 grafts-2500 frontal & 1000 on crown. My surgeon recommended 1mg of Finasteride to stop further hair loss but then he said its entirely up to me. For last 1 year I have been using Minoxidil and have restarted using it 4 weeks post FUE. I have never had Finasteride. My query is what is the minimal dose of finasteride to be effective for hair loss and at the same time to minimise potential side effects. Thanks a lot

Dose of Propecia

I recommend patients use one mg of Finasteride for preventing future hair loss and strengthening the current hair.

Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

Finasteride dose

one mg is the recommended dose, half that dose is 80% as effective and a quarter of that dose is 50% as effective

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to discuss medication issues with your doctor. The recommended dose of Propecia is 1mg per day.

It is best to discuss medication issues with your doctor.  The recommended dose of Propecia for androgenic alopecia is 1mg per day.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon