Droopy eyelid and under eye bags. What would be the best treatment to tighten the skin on my eyelids? (Photo)

What would be the best treatment to tighten the skin on my eyelids and the bags under my eyes? Thank you.

Droopy eyelid and under eye bags. What would be the best treatment to tighten the skin on my eyelids?

It appears from your photo- that you are a good candidate for an upper lid blepharoplasty to remove the excess skin. Re/ your lower lids- it appears that you would benefit from a hyaluronic acid filler - or fat transfer . Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Treatment for droopy upper eyelid and under eye bags

Thank you for your question.  Based on the photo provided, the skin in the lower eyelids may be treated with a chemical peel or laser resurfacing.  Hyaluronic acid dermal filler is another option which can improve the contour between the lower eyelid and upper cheek.  Best of luck! 

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid and under eye bags. Best treatment to tighten the skin on my eyelids?

Hello, and thank you for your question.

I stress firstly that, in my opinion, you cannot make a decision about this until you have had a one-on-one consultation with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon.

This is because there are many variables and factors that give us options for treatment.

Upper lids- I would think, from the information you have supplied so far, that your best benefit would be obtained from an upper eyelid lift (blepharoplasty). In my practice this can usually be done either as a procedure under local anaesthetic in my operating rooms of my practice, or in hospital.

With regard to your lower lids, good results are often obtained from filler injections, which give back volume, and which also often improves the shadowing that has resulted from the sunken volume-depleted area. You may benefit more from a lower eyelid tuck depending on a few things, like the amount of sagging and skin quality(done as a day procedure in hospital). Some people may opt to try fillers first to see if that level of improvement is sufficient for them. Fillers need to be redone every 6-12 months, and there are different fillers on the market. We advise our patients which procedure and which products we recommend for each person's particular situation.

Do you need a brow lift? That will be the case if the sag is in fact coming from a heavy brow?

As you can see, there are many factors to consider, and the options are different for each patient in my rooms.

So, as I mentioned earlier, a face-to-face with an experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeon who performs all these procedures, would be my recommendation. That way you can get make decisions based on a  professional opinion by a Specialist that is appropriate for your individual circumstances. 

Eyelid Surgery

Thanks for your question.  Yes, I think you would benefit from Upper Eyelid surgery, which would take care of that upper eye skin laxity.  As far as the lower lids go, I think a filler of hyaluronic acid would work nicely.  Make sure you seek out the services of a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in both of these procedures. Best of luck.

Yes you have bilateral upper eyelid ptosis with a compensatory eyebrow ptosis.

This needs to be corrected with a structured upper blepharoplasty that repairs the ptosis.  That is surgery.  The lower eyelid does not have a bag but a dark circle.  This could be filled with hyaluronic acid filler by an expert injector.  If you say bag to a surgeon, they will want to cut your lower eyelid and you do not need a surgery for this.