Can tissue expansion remove my forehead scar? (photo)

Can tissue expansion remove my forehead scar?

I agree with Dr. Emer that surgery would not be my first recommendation. A resurfacing procedure (typically fractional laser but dermabrasion is also an option) will likely provide the greatest improvement with the least amount of downtime and the lowest risk of worsening the appearance of this complex scar. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Scar

These are my favorite cases.  I think a combination of subcision and laser treatments would make this appear much better.  Surgery may risk a larger scar and I dont think tissue expansion is a good idea on this area.  You will need an in person consultation for the best assessment.  It is important to find someone who specializes in scar revision and has expertise in lasers and fillers.  I would love to treat you at our office.  Best of luck, Dr. Emer.