Will I need a tummy tuck or Lipo? (Photos)

I have deep stretch marks

Tummy Tuck

Though it appears that a tummy tuck would better address your situation, photos alone cannot decipher whether you would be a good candidate for a surgical procedure. If either a tummy tuck or liposuction is something you`re interested in, I would recommend finding a highly qualified, board certified plastic surgeon to schedule an in-person consultation with. During your consultation, your plastic surgeon can better asses your concerns and determine an option that best suits your body and your lifestyle.

You will benefit most from a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks and back to remove stubborn fat and excess skin. 

Stretch marks = loose skin = tummy tuck

With extensive stretch marks as your picture shows, the skin is almost too loose for liposuction to be a good option because it will "deflate" the area making the skin even looser. A tummy tuck is your best option.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos you would benefit from a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening.  That will also remove some of the stretch marks.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  All the best, 

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and flanks would address your areas of concern. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

The right procedure depends on the patients anatomy and their goals.  Patients with a lot of stretch marks traditionally are treated with a skin excision procedure, effectively getting rid of all stretch marks below the belly button and pullin those above to the supra-pubic region where they can often be concealed with a bikini line.  The real benefit of the tummy tuck is to re-establish the abdominal muscle tone which has been stretched out by pregnancy.  Liposuction decreases the thickness of the skin so it contours to the underlying muscles more, and the fat can then be used elsewhere to enhance the shape of the breast or buttock.  The skin is still loose, but in my experience most patients are so satisfied they do not want the long scar associated with a tummy tuck.  Only the patient knows what their own goals are.

Tummy Tuck

It's my pleasure to answer your question.
You are a candidate for the Tummy Tuck surgery.
Dr. Aramis VegaPlastic Surgeon

Aramis Vega, MD

There are many options available for contouring the abdomen

We are fortunate to live in a time period where we have so many options available to use for contouring the abdomen.  The choice depends not only the body type, but down time, scars, health, cost and expectations of the the final outcome.  Some choices involve surgery, some do not, and most of the time we use combinations of methods to achieve the best possible result.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to help you choose what the best option will be for you.
Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Will I need a tummy tuck or Lipo?

Thanks for your question and pictures.  Based on your photos, it appears that you are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck with some liposuction of the love handles region.  Based on your stretch marks and the assumption that you have had kids, a tummy tuck will give you the best contour to your abdomen by repairing stretched out muscles and removing excess skin.  Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!