I am ready for getting a rhinoplasty. Can I realistically achieve this? (Photo)

I need to solve these 3 issues: 1. Tip width and cartilage prominence 2. Droopiness (profile view) and 3. nostrils asymmetry. Can I realistically achieve this? What is the desired procedure and where would you make the incision? I would like a consultation if possible as next step. Looking for Westchester/NY/CT doctors.

The key to the tip is the infra tip lobule

The area of the tip just below the high point as it transitions into the columella is called the infra tip lobule. When this is overly bent or long, it creates a nose that looks droopy or bottom heavy. Patients believe they have a droopy tip, but the tip itself can often be over-rotated. Rotation maneuvers on these patients will shorten the nose, at the expense of increased nostril visibility on front view. In my opinion, patients in this category are at high risk of dissatisfaction, unless the infra tip lobule is specifically addressed. From your photos, it appears that this is your primary issue. The profile is fine. A tip pasty, where suture technique, minimal cartilage grafting in the columella, and sutures OR cartilage shortening in the infra tip lobule (depends on specific aesthetic goals of surgery) would give you a very nice result. Conservative nostril reduction may also be performed.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hi Lauribe,

Yes you can realistically achieve these results. I would recommend rotating the tip (there are several techniques used to perform tip rotation) and possibly cartilage grafting to reshape the tip of your nose. Nostril asymmetry is multifactorial and must be evaluated in person. Every procedure varies and is specialized to fit the patient’s desired outcome.  The best way to figure out which procedures we would need to perform to get your desired nose is to schedule a consultation. Feel free to send your photos in for computer imaging to better delineate the results you want. 

Dr.S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

I am ready for getting a rhinoplasty. Can I realistically achieve this?

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Why should I get a Rhinoplasty operation?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Realistic Rhinoplasty

All 3 things you desire can be improved upon but the nostril asymmetry will not change. 

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination on you and give you the best recommendations. From what I can tell from your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with an alarplasty which is the technique that is commonly used for nostril reduction. This procedure consists of making an incision on the inside or outside of the nostrils then removing a specific amount of tissue to reduce the size and/or make more symmetrical. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, broad tip, large nostrils,

Yes, your nasal tip can be narrowed,, the illusion of droopiness can be improved, and the nostril asymmetry reduced. I would also recommend improving the asymmetry of the nasal tip and the retraction of the margin of the nostrils.  Part of the reason your nose appears "droopy" is that the margin of the nostril is retracted allowing too much of the columella, the space between the nostrils, to be visible on the front and lateral view.   All of these issues can be addressed and corrected with a rhinoplasty.  Cartilage grafting might be necessary to reshape the tip of the nose and create symmetry in addition to improving the position of the sidewall of the nostril. Some surgeons might argue that thedorsum of the nose could be augmented to further improve the overall contour.  This is something that should be discussed during your consultation.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and an alar batten graft to help achieve nostril symmetry.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

I would use an open approach using a small columella incision to be able to precisely evaluate the structures needed to be adjusted and under direct vision accomplish what I hope to achieve for you. Best of luck.