Is it possible to get Asian eyelid revision? (Photo)

I had ptosis on my right eye back in 2011. I got surgery for it then, but it was for more medical purposes than aesthetic. Everything's healed now, but there's just a really thick and uneven crease I think on my right eye. it does not look natural to me at all. Is there a way to fix it to make it appear like my original left eye? Any advice will help me, thank you so much

Morning West Virgina. . .let's see what we can do. Revision Asian eyelid ptosis repair

Good morning. Thank you for the photo. It looks as though you have ptosis remaining for both eyes. If you manage to revise the ptosis and treated on both sides we should be able to get your crease down in the process. It would be a combination of revision ptosis surgery and Asian eyelid surgery using an anchoring technique.

The tight and tethered look of the right eyelid with the lashes being Eve vertigo or sticking up may not be able to be significantly changed but through the process of revision surgery you can most likely make the eyes more even looking and lower the crease. I would not suggest letting just anyone performed the surgery on you. While there are no guarantees and results always very you should find the surgeon who performs your specific type of surgery the most and has evidence of having done so.

Chase Lay MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid revision

xmaimelody,

After looking at your pictures, I notice a couple things: 1. your right brow is higher than your left which may affect your appearance 2. both upper lid creases appear somewhat high to me, and 3. you have residual ptosis of both lids.  An eyelid revision could soften the upper eyelid crease, but you may wish to consider a ptosis repair of both upper eyelids.  This would lift the lids, lower the creases, and address the thick scar of the right eyelid since the incision would be over the same location as the previous one.  Hope this helps.  Cheers and good luck!

Hugo Higa, MD
Honolulu Oculoplastic Surgeon